4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 8:14 AM by Szalam Branched from an earlier discussion.

"RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames"

bs_nash

I am running the latest updated version of AE (AE 13.1.0.111) and have restarted AE 10 times this morning because "Ram Preview needs 2 more frames". What do you advise me to do now?

• 1. Re: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames"
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

bs_nash wrote:

I am running the latest updated version of AE (AE 13.1.0.111) and have restarted AE 10 times this morning because "Ram Preview needs 2 more frames". What do you advise me to do now?

Since the original bug was fixed in the update, it's likely that yours is a different issue. I would suggest providing as much information as possible.

For instance, does this happen all the time in every project or have you only been working with one project trying to push through it? If it's just the one, perhaps AE is having an issue with something in that specific comp. Things like plugins, effects used, format and codec of footage, what other assets are in use, etc. would all be useful to know. As would your system specs. Are you doing a lot of audio scrubbing?

• 2. Re: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames"
            bs_nash Level 1

Is it possible for me to download an earlier version of the software where I didn't have this issue? I'm just spinning my wheels with AE CC.

• 3. Re: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames"
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

As Szalam says, we need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

• 4. Re: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames"
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

bs_nash wrote:

Is it possible for me to download an earlier version of the software where I didn't have this issue? I'm just spinning my wheels with AE CC.

I would like to be able to help you since the software should be working in the newest version, but you can install old versions.

If CC 2014 (version 13) is giving you issues and you don't have time to resolve them, you can install CC (version 12) or CS6 (version 11) from the Creative Cloud software. Details here: Creative Cloud Help | Install, update, or uninstall apps

Don't forget, any projects you have in version 13 can be saved back to older versions. If you want to go all the way back to CS6, you'll need two steps. Save as CC from version 13, then Save As CS6 from version 12.