2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 8:02 AM by swanmedia

Latest cc update today wont play mpeg2 and MTS files.

swanmedia

Invited to upgrade various adobe CC 2014.1 apps today. So I did.

Then had to open a CC 2014 premier pro project and mpeg2 and mts files were not recognised in it..

Nothing would work anymore - when all was well last night!

So I decided to roll back the PC to yesterday to Premier proCC 2014 . But when all the rebooting was done - the programme wont load at all - keeps saying video drivers missing or somesuch. Not happy at all. Why oh why does Adobe keep doing this?

I am REALLY p****d off and need help.

df

• 1. Re: Latest cc update today wont play mpeg2 and MTS files.
          gricceri Level 1

I had the same problem today. But luckily I've been able to solve it easily using the same workaround for the previous version.
          Before open the project just rename the folder(s) containig the .mts files, then open the project in Premiere and link the files.
          This worked for me. Good Luck!

• 2. Re: Latest cc update today wont play mpeg2 and MTS files.
            swanmedia Level 1

Gricceri - thanks for you mail…makes me feel I'm not alone!

I eventually uninstalled and re-installed premier Pro and media player (both need to be done) plus my blackmagic dirivers and Nvidia drivers and BINGO - things worked again. Certain files had 'got lost' and had to be linked rather laboriously, but at least the thousands of MTS and mpeg2 files played ok. I still had problems with some audio though - codec troubles again - but have loaded a pack of codecs and it seems to have done the trick…

Cheers

David Freeman

SWANMEDIA

Video : Commercials : Broadcast : Online Media : Animation

0208 580 2778 (T) or 0208 758 0468 (T) 07971 049777 (M)

Swan House, 61 Church Street, Isleworth, Middx, TW7 6BE

www.swanmedia.net<http://www.swanmedia.net/>   david@swanmedia.net<mailto:david@swanmedia.net>

SwanMedia Productions Ltd - Registered in England and Wales, Registered No: 06518220, Registered office:  82 Wandsworth Bridge Road London SW6 2TF - VAT No 745 0088 40.  This electronic message transmission contains information from this firm which may be confidential or privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by any other person is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.