4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2014 2:35 AM by gwoe

rebuild the PC

gwoe

Hi,

I have to rebuild my PC completely, that means format and install new WIN 7 pro.

How can I reinstall creative cloud and all the apps (PS & LR)?

Do I have to deactivate them before?

thanks for some Informations

Ger

• 1. Re: rebuild the PC
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

To be on the safe side I would deactivate.  With the perpetual versions of Photoshop you would have to because your Photoshop credentials  get wiped out formatting your disk. And you can not deactivate or activate PS without Adobe Support on your rebuilt system. The same may be true with the cloud. For there must be some written to you drive for once activated CC is usable for some number of days without an internet connection or a need to sign in,,,

With a fresh system it should be just like installing Creative cloud on a new machine or second system

• 2. Re: rebuild the PC
            rkelly0137 Level 4

JJMack wrote:

With the perpetual versions of Photoshop you would have to because your Photoshop credentials  get wiped out formatting your disk. And you can not deactivate or activate PS without Adobe Support on your rebuilt system.

With a fresh system it should be just like installing Creative cloud on a new machine or second system

Are you sure about that?  That's not how it was on CS6, but I can't speak to CC.  I did a full reinstall - new SSD, new Windows, on my second system and CS6 went in with no issues.  I'd assume that they use motherboard ID like Windows does.

• 3. Re: rebuild the PC
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Did you format the disk? I had to replace a bad disk.  Adobe seems to write something that is hidden and I believe formatting will  wipe those Adobe credentials.  I have installed Photoshop on top of itself and also after un-installing it without deactivating Photoshop and not format my disk.  When I did the installer Photoshop installed Activated. I did not have to do anything but add the file system links to my Scripts and Plugins. Photoshop was activated and my old Photoshop preferences were still there.

• 4. Re: rebuild the PC
                gwoe Level 1

No not at the moment. I just want collect some ideas. I think I will sign off PS, I'm pretty shure it will be better to do this before I format my SSD and rebuilt the PC. By the way thats what Adobe recommends.

Thanks for the notes