I installed this product previously on another computer that ran Windows 7. I had issues at the time and was able to resolve them, one of which was a bad serial number. I just purchased a laptop with Windows 8.1 and am unable to install this product. Here is what I did:
- Disabled Virus program and shut down all other programs
- Started the installation from a CD
- Went through the normal process, serial number, log in info, etc.
- I selected only the CS5 64 bit version and the region (US),
- After about 20 seconds, a pop up appeared and it asked me to install the installation disc. I did so and was not able to move the installation process forward.
Thank you in advance for your help.
I did as you suggested and it worked much better. Very smooth process.
Thank you for your suggestion.
I do have another problem, this time with the serial number and I think I
may have to call Adobe on this one.
I purchased this license from someone on eBay. He assured me the license
number was good. The CD came in a case with the original serial number
printed on the cover. When I installed CS5 on my other computer, I was
having similar troubles and spoke to one of the support people. He gave me
another license number that worked. I have since uninstalled CS5 and did
not deactivate the license. Perhaps that is the problem.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you again for your help.
Follow on Twitter <https://twitter.com/GaryAltoonian>
Please consider the environment before printing this message.