6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 9:25 PM by BDinkar

Hexadecimal Colours

hexadecimal colours

Hello,

I want to be using Hexadecimal colours in my InDesign files as this is a more accurate way of ensuring that the colour matches throughout all my designs. I have never had a problem using them in Illustrator and Photoshop, as they are super easy to access and I don't have to dig through the entire program to find it. In InDesign, I only have the options of Lab, CMYK and RGB (and colour books) and I don't really want to download some sort of script (which is all that I can find as a recommendation online). I NEVER find the Adobe Help option ever actually helpful... it usually ends up giving me more questions than I had started out with, not to mention it's frustrating to navigate.

So this leaves me with two questions...

1. WHY don't you have Hexadecimal colours as an easy access like Illustrator and Photoshop?

2. HOW do I access Hexadecimal colours in InDesign? -I just want a simple location in my Swatches panel that is for them.

I am using Adobe Creative Cloud, and my Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are up-to-date.

Thank you,

Alyssa