I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems with these apps and I understand how frustrating this is. Can you let me know if you have any other Adobe apps installed on your iPad? For example, Adobe Brush, Photoshop Mix or the Creative Cloud app. If you do, can you try and sign out of those apps? After you're signed out of those apps, can you try and launch Draw, Sketch or Line again?
What I tested…
Deleted: Creative Cloud, Photoshop Mix and Adobe Brush
- Adobe Sketch: hangs up on the log in screen, just cycles, but never logs in.
- Adobe Illustrator Draw: app launches, but when you click on the menu icon in the top left corner, app crashes (consistently). I can scroll though projects and create new drawings, but as soon as I click on the menu icon, it crashes.
- Adobe Line: app launches, but when you click on the menu icon in the top left corner, app crashes (consistently). I can scroll though drawings and create new drawings, but as soon as I click on the menu icon, it crashes.
The only other 2 apps I have on my iPad are Adobe Ideas and Adobe Color.
I'm having the same issues only with Adobe Illustrator Line. Very frustrating, ever since the October 5 update it is the only app that crashes on startup. I can then see it open in my app browser, then when I try to do anything or it tries to sync, it crashes. I can't even get into it to log out so it's basically stuck in a loop. You try to open it, crash. You try to access the menu, crash, etc etc.
I've tried: Uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my iPad, signing out and removing ALL Adobe apps and only installing Line and nothing has worked. I am on a 4th gen iPad HD.
I have projects I need to access to at least export out to cloud so I can continue working on them. Help?
We are really sorry to hear that you are having problems with these apps. In order to be able to research further into the problems you are having will it be possible to send us the crash reports that are stored in your device? You can send them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions to get the Crash Logs from your device :
1. Sync your data with iTunes. iOS: Syncing your data with iTunes
Obtaining Crash Logs
1. Open Finder.
2. Select Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
3. Enter (or copy & paste): ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice into the Go to Folder dialog.
4. Click the Go button.
5. Navigate to the folder with your device name.
6. Select the crash logs with the file name Adobe<Sketch/Draw/Line>_<DATE_TIME>_<DEVICE_NAME>.crash
For Windows 8, 7, or Vista
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Enter %APPDATA% in the Address bar.
3. Press the Enter key.
4. Navigate to Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Typically, a full path is
where <USERNAME> is your Windows user name and <DEVICE_NAME> is your iOS device name.
5. Select the crash logs with the file name Adobe<Sketch/Draw/Line>_<DATE_TIME>_<DEVICE_NAME>.crash
We would really appreciate your help in sending us these crash log files to understand and resolve these issues.
Thanks in advance,
I pinged Kevin directly and unfortunately he is not getting a crash log when the app crashes on start up.
Kevin, can you and jhuppenthal please let us know the model number of the back of your iPads?
Kevin - are you also using iOS 8.0.2?
Also, any chance turning off bluetooth on your iPads before starting up the apps fixes the issue?
I am on a model A1458 running iOS 8.02. Turning off Bluetooth worked, but that becomes an issue for me as I do use Ink and Slide which requires Bluetooth.
Thanks for trying that and I'm glad it allows you to start up.
Knowing that it seems to be related to bluetooth helps us out in fixing it.
Hoping to have a fix for you soon so you can use the Ink.
As a temporary workaround, if you start up the app with Bluetooth off and swap over to setting and turn bluetooth on, does that allow you to use your Adobe Ink?
It does, but if I swap over to Line again it minimizes right away even if I am in a drawing. Turn off the BT and open from the app browser and it works. Seems directly related to if there is an active BT signal.
Sorry let me rephrase. It does work if I am only in Line and activate my Bluetooth once I am in the drawing. However, if I switch to another app with the Bluetooth active and then try to go back or restart the app, I am stuck in the same minimizing loop.
My Adobe Sketch app on my Ipad has also been crashing ever since the update to Adobe Photoshop Sketch. I can open the app and browse the community sketches, but whenever I open one of my sketches the app closes.
I haven't updated to iOS 8.0.2 and I've tried turning off Bluetooth. Adobe Photoshop Sketch is the only Adobe app I have installed. I've also tried signing out and signing in again.
You should update to the latest iOS that fixed my sketch issues.
I'm having all the same issues. Adobe Draw, Line, and Brush all minimize while loading, and become unable to use. I'll be anxious to hear once a solution has been found.