5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 12:14 PM by A.T. Romano

edit music in instant movie track

medtechmusic

The music ends abruptly before the end of the video when using the instant movie feature.  Is there a way to correct this?

• 1. Re: edit music in instant movie track
          A.T. Romano Level 7

medtechmusic

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I will generalize.

After you create you Instant Movie at the Timeline level, you can right ciick it and select Break Apart Instant Movie. And, the Instant Movie will be

broken down into its components. Then edit the audio file duration.

We will be watching for your follow up. Besides the information requested above, if you name the Instant Movie theme with which you are working,

I can be even more specific in any how to I post.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: edit music in instant movie track
            medtechmusic Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  I am using Premiere Elements 12, Windows 8 and the Baby Clouds instant movie theme.

I did as you suggested and broke apart the instant movie.  When the audio end point was extended(dragged out) there was no sound beyond the original length.  The audio stops abruptly at the end of the clips and then there is no audio during the credits, which is something I want.

I then tried cutting and pasting the audio but that was not effective because I could not match up the music easily to be a continuous melody.  I haven't yet tried to isolate the audio clip and copy it into Audacity where it would be more readily edited.

But then there goes the benefit of the Instant Movie.

I admit to being new to PE and still learning its features.

Would appreciate any more suggestions.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: edit music in instant movie track
              A.T. Romano Level 7

medtechmusic

Thanks for the follow up. I do not think we are together yet on the details.

This is the new plan.

Create your Baby Clouds Instant Movie. Do not break it apart for this particular plan.

You should have your Instant Movie with a video component on Video Track 1 and the audio component on Audio Track 1.

Go to Project Assets where you should find a Baby Cloud Folder. In the Baby Cloud Folder find the Baby Slideshow (Beautiful Dreamer).mp3 soundtrack.

Play the Instant Movie to the point of the last photo where the music stops. Leave the Timeline Indicator at that spot as an indicator.

Drag the .mp3  from Project Assets to the Soundtrack and split off/delete the first 20 seconds of that file. Then move the new beginning of the .mp3 to a few seconds before the Timeline

Indicator position (sort of a tiny overlap effect).

Cut both the Instant Movie (V1, A1) and the Soundtrack ends at the point where the end of the Credits end.

Then add a Fade Out Audio to the Soundtrack .mp3

Render and observe the result.

There are several maneuvers that you could make beforehand in the Instant Movie Setup Duration, but, when all is said and done, the above should do the job

to meet your problem description.

I have road tested the above and it works.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss the outcome and alternatives if need me.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...For full customization of the Baby Cloud Instant Movie, then we will get into the Break Apart Instant Movie feature and setup settings.

• 4. Re: edit music in instant movie track
                medtechmusic Level 1

That last suggestion did the trick!  I guess I had never noticed the Project Assets before (being new) and now see that the instant movie can be manipulated

as I want it to be.

Many thanks.

• 5. Re: edit music in instant movie track
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

medtechmusic

Thanks for the follow up great news of success.

You did a great job sorting through the troubleshooting.

Sometimes that Instant Movie feature needs a bit of intervention. But from the other side of the coin, let us consider that it has the

flexibility for customization in spite of the "Instant" in its description.

Best wishes

ATR