9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2014 11:38 PM by coblejas

CC and vertical Japanese

coblejas

Thinking of joining the CC but I work more and more in vertical Japanese. If we join the CC will my indesign be able to do vertical Japanese too? Or do I have do sign up on the Japanese site? What I really want is english menus with vertical Japanese capabilities...

J

• 1. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

With the Creative Cloud Subscription you can install InDesign (and all other applications) in the Japanese Version.

If you work with another language you can install InDesign in your language, let's say German or English and additionally install the Japanese version. This will extend your version of these functions and menu items.

InDesign chooses to start with the primary language of the OS if it is installed, otherwise any other language version which is found will be used.

To install any application install the Creative Cloud Application and click Install to the required programs.

When you want to install an additional language, go to the Preferences in the Creative Cloud Application (Gear Symbol menu) and choose the wanted language.

cc1.png

cc2.png

• 2. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
            coblejas Level 1

If you can tell me if this will be possible, download the CC english version and add Japanese language support and be able to do vertical Japanese text?

Or how will I be able to do vertical text and not just Japanese support. Sorry I need a specific answer to vertical Japanese text.

J

• 3. Re: CC and vertical Japanese

I described you, how it has to be done. This is implicating that it can be done. But if you have doubts, you can subcribe to the 30 day full function trial.

Viele Grüße

Wilhelm Georg Adelberger

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 10.10.2014 um 07:29 schrieb coblejas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

CC and vertical Japanese

created by coblejas in InDesign - View the full discussion

If you can tell me if this will be possible, download the CC english version and add Japanese language support and be able to do vertical Japanese text?

Or how will I be able to do vertical text and not just Japanese support. Sorry I need a specific answer to vertical Japanese text.

J

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6811412#6811412

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 4. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
                coblejas Level 1

Actually you didn't say anything about vertical text. There is a big difference between typing in Japanese and vertical text. And to this point you still haven't used the phrase or words vertical text... You basically told me to download it and see... Something that wouldn't require your input. But thanks anyway

J

• 5. Re: CC and vertical Japanese

Yes, it does. How complicated you are!

• 6. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
                    coblejas Level 1

Not complicated, just thorough. You should try it sometimes. It might enhance your customer service a bit. Plus losing the sarcastic remarks would definitely help.

James

• 7. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
                      Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unless you see a staff tag under the person's name, everyone else here is just a volunteer trying to help people get their questions answered.

• 8. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
                        coblejas Level 1

That would be nice to up front. Sorry if I was a little harsh. I thought I was talking to adobe so my expectations were a bit high.

James

Sent from my iPad

• 9. Re: CC and vertical Japanese
                          coblejas Level 1

Hey Willi, just found out you are volunteer. Sorry but thought I was talking to a paid staff from adobe. I apologize for being harsh. Wish I knew you were a volunteer upfront.

James

Sent from my iPad