3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2007 3:54 PM by Tazmun

Stacking Slices

David_123
      Hi Friends,

I am kind of new to Fireworks. I want to position two slices in the same place (one on top of the other). Each would be activated by its own hot spot. When I place one over top of the other and PREVIEW, they are both distored. Do slices contain a 'Runaround' setting? Or if anyone knows how/if I can do this I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: Stacking Slices
          Level 7
          > I am kind of new to Fireworks. I want to position two slices in the same
          > place
          > (one on top of the other).

You can't do that.

Instead, you'd need to slice the images into 3 slices. two each for the
          parts of the images that don't overlap then a 3rd for the part that does
          overlap. You'd then have to use a disjointed rollover to handle it.

Alternatively, you could slice these out as individual images and then use
          CSS positioning in DW to handle the overlap.

-Darrel

• 2. Re: Stacking Slices
            David_123 Level 1
            Hi Darrel,

I'll give your tips a try and thank you very kindly for replying. Much appreciated!
            • 3. Re: Stacking Slices
              Tazmun
              It sounds like your working towards a swap image here. I ran across a tutorial that suggested using frames to add a 2nd frame with the affected slice changed to the new image. I never thought about it before but using frames would almost be like using layer comps in photoshop.

Dave