1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 5:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble with video/sound sync from captured video

Mariners

I don't know if the issue is with the software, computer, converter, camera or me me) but i can't get the sound to match the video movement. I am trying to record a live church sermon from a HDV camcorder onto a laptop to be put up online later. the video is coming from a HDMI port into a converter into a usb 3.0 port (uncompressed) into a HP i7 computer. I am capturing the video through premier elements 12. when I play back the recorded video (after rendering it in timeline) the sound is not in sync with the mouth movement.

the video seems to be slower than the talking. when i import video from my dslr via sd card the video plays fine. How can I adjust the video or sound so they are in sync? I am young and very new to video any help would be appreciated. specs are given below (I don't know what specs you need so let me know if I left something important out):

Camcorder:

SONY hvrz5u

Converter:

INOGENI HDMI/4K to USB 3.0

Laptop:

Brand new HP

1TB 5400RPM

i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.5 GHz

8GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Other notes: i am capturing the sound with the internal mic, but plan on connecting the camera to the soundboard later

When I try to capture the video through premeir the device (inogeni) is only recognized if I select capture from webcam/WDM

• 1. Re: Trouble with video/sound sync from captured video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mariners

Why are you not doing a HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Capture Window?

1. Set the project preset manually for

NTSC

HDV

HDV 1080i30

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

2. Use Add Media/HDV Camcoder and proceed with your capture.

That should work. USB alternatives classically do not.

If your Premiere Elements 12, even under those circumstances does not work for your HDV capture firewire, then

you do a HDV data capture firewire into the HDVSplit program.

HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Then, after you set the correct project preset, you bring the split clips (MPEG2.m2t) into

the Premiere Elements project with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders/ into Project Assets and from

there into Timeline Video Track/Audio Track.

DV or HDV data capture classically does not work with USB, the connection is firewire and your camera does have an iLink

according to the specifications that I found for the camera. Is the problem that your computer does not have a firewire port

and you are trying to use a workaround approach?

Please review and consider and then let me know if I have interpreted correctly what you are seeking.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...the answer is not moving to the latest release (13) since Adobe has removed  DV and HDV data capture firewire from it.