9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 2:53 AM by shikha..

re-registering after Windows failure

Rick Horsman Level 1

I have been a long term and registered user of Adobe Photoshop Premiere Elements 12. When I can access the Adobe site, my fully registered version and serial number are clearly evident.

A month or more ago, Windows crashed on my main computer. They reinstalled Windows, and salvaged what they could of my data

I have been working on this for days, and my frustration level just rises.

On your "cloud" site, I can view every Adobe product I have ever purchased, etc. But, as a fully registered user of a legitimate product, I cannot access the program installed on my own computer.. when I have the discs, the serial number, the user name and (multiply reset) passwords.

And in the face of this, you wish me to trust everything to a CLOUD version? I don't think

Please just let me get back to being able to use my legitimate and fully registered Adobe programs. The longer this logjam persists, the less confidence I have in Adobe.

I have work product that has now been held up for a week for precisely this reason.

I spent a lot of time on hold with your support team, who reflected that I needed technical support, and then cut me off line

PLEASE HELP!

rehorsman@comcast.net

• 1. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rick horsman

This is not Adobe. Rather this is a user to user forum. If you want contact with Adobe, you need to contact Adobe typically through it Adobe Chat.

But, if you will allow us, we would be glad to be of assistance if we can. But, please clarify the problem so that we can determine if yours is a "for Adobe only" or not.

1. You wrote

When I can access the Adobe site, my fully registered version and serial number are clearly evident.

I am not sure what the cloud has to do with this. Are you trying to get new installation files from "My Orders" at Adobe from your original

order from Adobe of Premiere Elements 12? Did you use the link

Other downloads

Or, have you tried to get installation files via a different route from the following web site?

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

2. Or, are you having a problem with your Adobe ID and Password?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Based on your reply, I can suggest which Adobe Chat link to post for you if we cannot find a resolution to your problem here.

• 2. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
            shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the convenience.

Since your Windows failed,few of the Adobe database files have got corrupted on your machine.

Can you please elaborate the exact issue with registration  like Sign in failure or Sign in screen coming again and again?

Please consider to help us in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Shikha

• 3. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
              Rick Horsman Level 1

RE: “(Photoshop Premier Elements) re-registering after Windows failure”

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Shikha

Thank you for your email at October 16, 2014 regarding my recent (October 10, 2014) difficulties with loading and utilizing Adobe Photoshop Premier Elements 12.

I have been a long-term user of Adobe products.  My Adobe user ID

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

When I reviewed my Adobe “my products” listing some weeks ago, the oldest viewed registration date is for Adobe Acrobat 5 in March, 2002.  There are sequential fully-registered (with serial numbers) copies of Adobe Photoshop CS in December 2004; Photoshop CS 2 in June 2005; Lightroom 2 in September 2008; Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 in April 2010; Adobe Acrobat 8 in April 2010; Lightroom 1 in April 2010;  dobe Acrobat 6 in April 2010; Adobe Acrobat 9 in May 2010; Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 in April 2013; and Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 on January 26, 2014.

My latest and most current inversion of Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 is:

serial number:

My latest version of Adobe Acrobat 9 was registered on May 3, 2010:

Serial number:

These are all fully and duly registered, and I have the original disks.

Which brings me to my recent problem.

About 2 months ago, I had a sudden and catastrophic failure of my main desktop computer at home.  I took the computer in for service.  It was subsequently determined that I had sustained a major Windows 7 Professional crash.  It took everything with it.  They were able to salvage (most of) my data.  After reinstalling Windows 7 Professional, they reinstalled my data and, utilizing my available discs, attempted to reinstall as many of my programs as possible.

Several weeks later was the first time I attempted to open Adobe Photoshop Elements 12.  There was a screen that stated that if the software had not been validated within 7 days it would “stop working”.  I attempted to reset the password, which did not work.  I deleted the files from my computer, reinstalled from my original disks, which did not work.

When I attempted to reset the password, all that I saw was a screen with a small graphic swirling circle, with an indication to “please wait”.  I was then repeatedly sent back to the Windows home screen.

On a subsequent day, I attempted to contact Adobe Customer Service, and communicated with someone named Maruthi.  Based upon our discussions, he determined that it was a technical department issue.  When he attempted to transfer me to the technical department, I was thrown off line.

I attempted to communicate with Adobe again on October 10, 2014.  In each of 3 instances, I first dealt with someone in Adobe Photoshop Elements Customer Service (in order; Sai, Sumanth, and Sweatha).  In each instance, I started back at the beginning, and each of these individuals determined that it was a technical department matter, and I was again transferred to the technical department.

Those Technical Department representatives were, in order, Satwinder, Abhishek, and Rashmi.  In each instance, when I was on with each of the technical department representatives, they asked me to access a file or review something on my  computer, and each time the computer crashed, and all connections were lost.  Each time, I then started at the beginning, again with a new representative.

The last technical department representative was Rashmi.  He seemed to have understood my problem, and was attempting to send me a trial download via email; that didn’t work.  He then directed me to go to my Adobe ID “my products” screen.  When I did, I noticed that all my prior purchases were missing, and were no longer reflected as registered.  By the time I worked my way through the screens and back to the screen with Rashmi, the email chat indicated that since there had been a delay in contact, our communication was terminated.

So in summary, I have been a long-term loyal Adobe customer, with a series of repeated duly- registered Adobe products.  After the interactions of October 10, 2014, most of my purchases seem to have been removed from my Adobe “my products” listing.  I am not able to get my fully licensed copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 to work, and I have very real concern about whether Adobe Acrobat 9 will work.

As is abundantly evident, I am a dedicated software end-user, but by no means IT-savvy, or even marginally proficient/competent.

In your email of October 16, you indicated that when my Windows 7 Pro failed, a few of the Adobe database files got corrupted.

I would very much like to be able to use my products.  Anything you can do to restore their functionality and the full listing of all my Adobe products would be greatly appreciated.

I will not be able to access my desktop computer from October 20 through October 27.  Accordingly, if there is a delay in my response to you regarding any requested information, please persevere

Thank you again for your contact and follow-up. I am pleasantly surprised. I had truly hoped for follow-up from Adobe, but did not expect it to happen

Rick Horsman

Olympia, WA  USA

• 4. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
                A.T. Romano Level 7

rick horsman

What you have just posted does not go between just you and Shikha. It is public information posted in opened Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

Please send that type of information to Shikha at whatever private contact information you have, not in this forum. You put yourself in jeopardy

when you do this.

I will ask John T. Smith moderator to remove your private information as rapidly as possible.

ATR

• 5. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
                  Rick Horsman Level 1

Thank you; I had no idea

The email to me was not informative regarding how to reply; just the request that I should

Thank you for removing this from the forum

Rick

• 6. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
                    Rick Horsman Level 1

I have carefully reviewed the email from Adobe, and there is absolutely NO indication of how I might reply to them..only the forum. There is NO private contact information. So Adobe has asked me to reply, but did not provide any means to do so.

Do you have ANY idea how I might get this matter resolved?

Thank you in advance

Rick Horsman

• 7. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

rick horsman

You could send an Adobe Forums private message directly to shikha.

Try this. Go to post number 2 in your thread - click on shikha' name to bring up the profile for shikha.

On that profile page, to the far right, look for a small orange envelope icon. Click on that to send the private

message to shikha for instructions on how to follow up on communication between the two of you.

The communication between you and shikha would be expected to be private in that Adobe Forums private

message sent as suggested from within the forum.

Please let us know if that works for you. In the meanwhile, shikha might just see you most recent posts and

post here again.

ATR

• 8. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
                        Rick Horsman Level 1

Thank you VERY much

Rick

• 9. Re: re-registering after Windows failure
                          shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi Rick,

You can try to activate your product offline and it would not ask you for Sign in Window again.

1.Disconnect your Internet connection

2.Follow the steps mentioned here(though teh steps are mentioned for Acrobat but they are applicable for PSE and PRE as well) : Offline Activation

Thanks,

Shikha