8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 6:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated

Jacques 84

Bonjour,

J'ai un problème avec Adobe Premiere éléments version 11 que j'utilise pourtant tous les jours depuis plusieurs mois sans aucun problème.

Ce matin en le chargeant j'ai eu le message suivant :

Nous avons détecté un problème d'incompatibilité avec le pilote Intel HD Graphics 4000 3.0.0 - Buid 10.18.10.3621.. Pour de meilleures performances de lecture plus rapide, veuillez mettre à jour votre pilote d'affichage.

Je suis alors allé dans le panneau de configuration vérifier le pilote graphique HD 4000. Windows 8.1 m'a proposé une mise à jour du pilote, ce que j'ai fait. Après avoir éteint et rallumé l'ordinateur, le problème persiste, que ce soit en chargeant Premier Elements avec le film en cours ou que ce soit en chargeant Premier Elements vierge c'est a dire sans nous aucune donnée.

Je précise qu'a ce moment là Premiere Elements se plante et ne me donne plus la main. je suis donc obligé d'eteindre l'ordinateur.

Merci de votre aide

Jacques PARLEBAS

+33 6 60 67 13 70

• 1. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
          Jacques 84 Level 1

I translate in english :

Hello,
          I have a problem with Adobe Premiere Elements Version 11 (Windows 8.1) and yet I use it every day for several months without any problem.
          This morning by loading it I got the following message:
          We detected an incompatibility issue with the Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver For best performance faster reading, please update your display driver.
          I then went into the Control Panel and check the driver. Windows 8.1 was offered an update of the driver (10.18.10.3621), which I did.
          After turning off and on the computer, the problem persisted, either by charging Premier Elements with the current movie or whatever charging Premier Elements blank ie without any data.
          I then went on Intel's website to download the latest version (10.18.10.3945) HD Graphics driver. The problem persists: Premiere Elements said detect an incompatibility issue with the Intel HD Graphics 4000 10.18.10.39.45 driver.
          Then Premiere Elements crashes and I have to switch off my computer.
          Thank you for your help
          Jacques PARLEBAS
          +33 6 60 67 13 70

• 2. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jacques 84

Premiere Elements 11/Windows 8.1 64 bit

Does your computer use more than one video card/graphics card? Please confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters.

If only 1 video card/graphics card and you have assured that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of

the manufacturer of the card, please consider:

Please delete the BadDrivers.txt file found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in the path

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Close out of there.

A new BadDrivers.txt file will be created when you open Premiere Elements after

this deletion. But, now it is hoped that the display error message will be gone.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
              Jacques 84 Level 1

Dear AT Romano,

Thank you for your mail.

1/ My PC has an another video card (NVIDIA GEFORCE 640) but Prel doesn't give any message regarding this card.

2/ I have deleted the BadDrivers.txt file in the folder 11.0. Now Prel begins to start without any message regarding the HD Graphics cart 4000 but it stops and it bugs before opening the software. I check that it stops when charging "Importer Quicktime", I dont know if there is a meaning for that ?

Regards

Jk

• 4. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Jacques 84

Great news about the BadDrivers.txt file and the Display Error message.

The "Importer QuickTime" matter is typically another problem. Do you have the latest version of

QuickTime installed on your Windows 8.1 computer with Premiere Elements 11?

But for clarification, when you go to Device Manager/Display Adapters are you seeing there 2 video card/graphics cards

named, the Intel card and the NVIDIA GeForce card? If so, this could be a problem. Premiere Elements often does

not do well when the computer uses more than 1 video card/graphics card.

First let us establish the integrity of the QuickTime install. Then we might have to think in terms of disabling the Intel (if

that in the on board card) and just going with the NVIDIA GeForce or just using the Intel, disabling the NVIDIA GeForce.

Please review and consider. Then we can decide what next if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
                  Jacques 84 Level 1

Dear ATRomano,

Thks for your mail.

Also I, was thinking that the problem could be coming from Quicktime because I remember that during my last work on Prel, I was asking to "activate" Quicktime.

Anyway, I check Quicktime, I had the version 7.7.5 which seems to be the latest version. For more security I uninstalled Quicktime and I downloaded a new version and I reinstall Quicktime. I switched off and on my computer but unfortunately the problem continues !!

When I launch Prel with data, Prel bugs at "Importer Quicktime".

When I launch Prel without data, I get the page "Existing Project" and "New Project", then Prel works during 2 or 3 minutes and it happens nothing. Then Prel stops working.

Regarding the video cards, I confirm that I have 2 cards (I join a print screen). I don't believe that the problem comes from the 2 cards because I always had these 2 cards and I worked since many months wit them ?

For your information I have downloaded from the Adobe site, the trial version for Prel 13 and it seems to work normally. But I don't know if Prel is able to gather and work with my old Prel 11 projects ????

I have also the possibility to uninstall Prel 11 and to download an another Prel 11 version (I bought Prel on the Adobe site).

What is your feeling ?

Kind regards

Jk

• 6. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Jacques 84

Thanks for the reply and working through the troubleshooting suggestions.

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 8.1 64 bit

Have you tried deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that did not work, the whole 11.0 Folder in which it exists?

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs folder that you delete. And, if necessary, delete the whole 11.0 Folder in

which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the

complete path cited.

Have you recently assured that the problem still exists even after the antivirus and firewall(s) are disabled?

If you have, then I would favor the following...

1. If you can get into the program long enough, go to Expert workspace Help Menu/Update and Sign Out. Then close the program. If this

cannot be done, just skip to "2".

2. Uninstall usual Control Panel route.

3. Do the free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)

CCleaner - Download

4. Obtain new Premiere Elements 11 download files from "My Orders" section at Adobe.

Please disable antivirus and firewall(s) during download and install..Also see

Other downloads

If that does not work, then you can look at the Premiere Elements 13 tryout. You do not have to uninstall Premiere Elements 11 to work

with Premiere Elements 13. Just use one program at a time. I still suspect a video card/graphics card core to this problem, but.....

If 13 but not 11 works on the same computer, lots to consider.

Did temporary disabling of one card or the other advance the troubleshooting cause?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
                      Jacques 84 Level 1

Dear AT Romano,

I followed your advices and I deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, now it works again !!

Great !!

I want to thank you very much for your help. This makes me believe that I’m right to buy Adobe products !

Please another piece of advice : I have to change my laptop and I want to know what is the best configuration to get the most of Premiere Elements ?

I make movies about 1 ½ hour and 3,5 Go.

Sometimes Prel bugs. I think that it is because I work too rapidly and  the memory is full ?

What about the graphic cards, the memories, the drive and the processor I have to choose from my supplier (Dell) ?

Thanks in advance

Jacques

De : A.T. Romano 

Envoyé : samedi 11 octobre 2014 22:14

À : Jacques Parlebas

Objet :  Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated

Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated

created by  <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements -  <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6816117#6816117> View the full discussion

• 8. Re: Compatibility problem with Pilote HD Graphics 4000 not updated
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Jacques 84

Very great news. Glad the suggestions worked for you. Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

The following is the published System Requirements for the current version, 13.

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Mac, Windows - System requirements

Those for 11 should be similar. Except there is no XAVC-S offering in 11.

I would go with as much equipment as you can afford for the laptop.

For your price range, look for as much possible installed RAM and free hard drive space. A super rated video card/

graphics card is not needed. Most NVIDIA and ATI cards will do.  Premiere Pro (CUDA) can take advantage of those super rated cards, Premiere Elements can not. The processor should be at least dual core with the optimal clock speed for it (approaching 3.2 GHz would usually be good).

If at all possible, check out the burner that comes with the laptop...DVD/CD or Blu-ray DVD/CD. Not sure if this is possible before purchase, but try to assure that Premiere Elements will recognize the burner in the Burner Location field of the burn dialog. Also, assure that the Status field of the Premiere Elements burn dialog will recognize the DVD or Blu-ray disc inserted in the burner tray of the laptop. Two bad situations to get into. Of course, Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit so that Premiere Elements 11 will be running as a 64 bit application.

There are lots of articles online with laptop buying guide information. Here is just one whose link was the first on the find list and which I am posting for example informational purposes

Laptop Buying Guide 2014 - How to Buy a Laptop - Laptop Mag

There are lots more.

Please update us on your progress when you schedule permits.

Best wishes.

ATR