3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 3:37 PM by Colin Flashman

ACSM

MWVanThiel

How can I create ACSM files with ID. I have been searching the web, cant figure out. (Well you find tricky stuff ACSM > PDF.)

In a Dreamweaver group I was told its done with ID.

I have CC 2014, I know ID well.

Thanks,

Maarten

• 1. Re: ACSM
          Colin Flashman Adobe Community Professional

InDesign can make EPUBs, but ACSM (Adobe Content Server Message) files - something I actually had to google first to find out what it was - not so sure.

In what context do you need to make one and how did the ID link come about?

• 2. Re: ACSM
            MWVanThiel Level 1

Thanks.

I am writing courses for a company that puts then on-line for students as PDF, which of course means they get copied and redistributed. ACSM is a document that is not actually the document but only a link to the document. Its like looking at web pages.

And as said, in the Dreamweaver group I was told its done with InDesign.

If you google acsm + indesign you find jobs offered, making ACSMs with ID. But no way to find out how.

(Btw you mention ePubs; did you know the whole ePub export dialog box has changed in CC 2014?)

Maarten

• 3. Re: ACSM
              Colin Flashman Adobe Community Professional

Thank you for that.

In short, I do not have an answer for you but did as you suggested (googled acsm + indesign) and the third hit came up with this: Adobe DRM: a guide for publishers | EBW Knowledge Base - to me, I imagine a better answer might be found in the InDesign sub-thread: Digital Publishing Suite