Animation in website is saying

can not find "xx_edgePreload.js".

Where can I find "xx_edgePreload.js"?

Why do we need it?

None in publish for web.

None in publish as .oam

• 1. Re: _edgePreload.js
          vivekuma Adobe Employee

How are you using the Edge Animation? Give more details.

• 2. Re: _edgePreload.js
            kgui Level 1

I'm using the .oam file in combination with Drupal CMS.
            There is NO xx_edgePreload.js located in the .oam file. But I can see that 'edge.5.0.0.min.js', is building a reference to it. But why?

...Z?(window.edge_authoring_mode||(m?(k.definePreloader(m),e()):k.load(c+"_edgePreload.js" ,e)), ....

I've tried it with and without preloader publishing options (immediate | polite).

• 3. Re: _edgePreload.js
              vivekuma Adobe Employee

In line (m ? (k.definePreloader(m),e()) : k.load(c+"_edgePreload.js" ,e) , always definePreloader(m) will be called. There is no concept of _edgePreload.js file in the new Edge for published .oam file.

I think the Drupal plugin you are using to import edge composition into Drupal project is looking for _edgePreload.js file, which is causing the issue.

Drupal plugin needs to be updated for the new .oam file.

hth,

Vivekuma

• 4. Re: _edgePreload.js
                kgui Level 1

So, I understand that .oam animation publishing files are not backwards compatible!?

Simply adding an empty "_edgePreload.js", only refering to the new situation, would be sufficient for compatibillity reasons, .... .

But thanks for you answer, I dropped .oam and go for iframes and html.

• 5. Re: _edgePreload.js
                  Robyn_cpl Level 2

Hi,

Have you updated the new version of Edge Animate?

Because if you have the new filing system when publishing and creating Edge projects doesn't have the _edgePreload.js any more its added somewhere else.