6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 2:38 PM by waytoplay

Doubled set of <ol> tags in toc.xhtml causes TOC malfunction in Epub-reader

waytoplay

I am exporting from InDesign to reflowable Epub 3 files. Since last upgrade (CC2014.1), there seems to be a problem in the generation of a Navigational Table of Contents in the Epub export.

The problem appears to be in the toc.xhtml file. Now all the List items (<li>) in the files "Contents" section are being wrapped inside an extra set of <ol> tags. There used to be one set, now there are two.

This doesn't make any sense to me - and it causes the TOC  to not appear in Gitden Reader, in both my Android devices. Other readers (Readium, ADE, iPad) ignores this.

When I delete the extra pair of <ol> tags in Sigil, it works fine in Gitden Reader as well.

Is this a bug in InDesign 2014.1, and can you look into it? Hopefully it's an easy thing to fix.

Kind regards/Stefan Nilsson

Example from a toc.xhtml file:

<ol>

<ol>

<li><a href="../Text/BOOK.xhtml#_idParaDest-1">INTRO</a>

<ol>

<li><a href="../Text/BOOK.xhtml#_idParaDest-2">About this book</a></li>

</ol>

</li>

<li><a href="../Text/BOOK-1.xhtml#_idParaDest-3">CHAPTER</a>

<ol>

<li><a href="../Text/BOOK-1.xhtml#_idParaDest-4">Beginning of story</a></li>

<li><a href="../Text/BOOK-1.xhtml#_idParaDest-5">Continuing the adventure</a></li>

</ol>

</li>

</ol>

</ol>