3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 2:23 PM by CAR141

Where are my photos in Lightroom after I have edited and saved them in Photoshop?

CAR141 Level 1

I'm using LR and Photoshop CC. When I export a photo from LR to edit in Photoshop and then save it in PS and close the file why doesn't the saved file appear next to the original file? I know it's in Lightroom somewhere, but I always have to close LR and reopen it before the edited file will show up in Lightroom next to the original file with the same keyword. What determines where the file will be located within the list of files with a particular keyword. It seems to depend on which external editor I use. Sometimes the edited file is not shown with the original until I close and re-open Lightroom, sometimes it will be at the end of the list of files with that keyword and for some external editors it will immediately show up next to the original file.

• 1. Re: Where are my photos in Lightroom after I have edited and saved them in Photoshop?
          CAR141 Level 1

Anyone looking? Or has everyone given up on solving this problem. Apparently, most don't have this problem but no one knows how to solve or why it happens. Others have had this or very similar problems and no one has found an answer. Adobe just ignores my queries about this as is normal for them.

When I select photos in LR and Export to Photomatix Pro to create an HDR photo the saved result appears immediately next to the original files in LR. When I select the photos in LR and go to Photo > Edit in >Merge to HDR PRO in Photoshop the resulting photo does not appear next to the original files even though LR says they are in the catalog. After I close and reopen LR they will be there next to the original files. Photoshop is the only editor where I have this problem. When I use any other editors such as those by OnOne, Topaz, Photomatix Pro, process a file and save the new files shows up immediately in LR right next to the original file. When I process a file in Photoshop and Save it I notice the filmstrip in LR jumps but the saved file from PS doesn't show itself until after I close and reopen LR.

AAARGH!

• 2. Re: Where are my photos in Lightroom after I have edited and saved them in Photoshop?
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't have that problem, but I am using Photoshop CS6. It might be necessary for you to reinstall Photoshop to correct this problem.

• 3. Re: Where are my photos in Lightroom after I have edited and saved them in Photoshop?
              CAR141 Level 1

I just spent 2 1/2 hours on the Adobe Chat line during which they took over my computer to check things out. At the end it seemed they had fixed the problem in that they did a test where they took a photo from my LR to PS where they did a simple edit and saved it. It did show up next to the original back in LR. However, since they have disconnected I still have the original problem: Any LR file edited in PS and saved does not show up in LR next to the original unless I close LR and reopen it. Also, now that Adobe has "fixed" my problem LR files edited in OnOne, Topaz, Photomatix Pro and saved NO LONGER SHOW UP NEXT TO THE ORIGINAL LR FILE.

I am planning to re-install LR and PS to see if that works. Hate to do that because I assume I will also have to re-install textures, plugins, presets, etc.