16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2014 9:20 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working

HermesCornu

Been using both for a year. Over the last couple weeks every time I would start one up I'd get the Adobe free trial or subscribe to the Cloud option. Finally, neither (of the paid for programs) would load. Nothing changed on my system. No new software. No other problems. If it just stopped working that would be one thing. The fact that I started getting the sign up screen to trial or subscribe right before it stopped working leaves one to wonder, doesn't it?

• 1. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
          A.T. Romano Level 7

HermesCornu

What version of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are involved? And, on what computer operating system were they running?

If you received one of the tryout dialogs, did you bother to click on License this product and follow the instructions even if you already had a purchased product?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewiall(s) disabled?

If you have installation files or installation disc as well as the purchased serial number, have you uninstalled and reinstalled the programs?

Please let us know the results and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
            HermesCornu Level 1

ATR,

I suggest you bump this correspondence up to your supervisor’s supervisor because this issue is really beyond your pay grade.

I've lived a long time and have rarely filled out a registration when I purchased a product. Never before has a business taken it upon themselves to break what I failed to register.

I might have “bothered” to register your software if you said somewhere that if I don’t register what I bought you would later sabotage it so I couldn't use it anymore.

I wonder how many others you've made into similar victims? Maybe social media could help me find that out? Maybe enough for a class action?

Sincerely,

HC

• 3. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
              A.T. Romano Level 7

HermesCornu

This is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum. Sorry that you did not check that out before you devoted your time and energy composing and posting in the tone that you did.

Consequently I take exception to your comments. The questions that I asked are necessary to decide on the troubleshooting strategy. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. Just a user of the programs who has a fairly high degree of success in troubleshooting Premiere Elements issues.

If you want to contact Adobe, please contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. I know of no telephone that you can use nor email addresses for the purpose.. In the long run, because of the issue description that you gave, Adobe may be the only one who can help you. But with Adobe or here, the answers are in the details that you provide. We have no remote control of your computer for troubleshooting purposes here. Adobe may.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the above link does not hold, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the titles above as guides.

Depending on the particular version of the program that you have not shared with us, there could be an automatic registration that takes place with the Sign In.

To prove the point, please check the Adobe web site under "My Products" after you sign in there. You should find all your products with serial numbers registered there.

If you decide that you would like to exchange troubleshooting information for the common goal of getting you moving in your projects, we would be glad for the opportunity to assist you with your issue.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                HermesCornu Level 1

What version of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are involved?   12    And, on what computer operating system were they running? Windows 7

If you received one of the tryout dialogs, did you bother to click on License this product and follow the instructions even if you already had a purchased product? No. And then it stopped working altogether.

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Yes.

If you have installation files or installation disc as well as the purchased serial number, have you uninstalled and reinstalled the programs? No disks. I've tried uninstalling and installing from the download multiple times.

Please let us know the results and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

HermesCornu

Good to hear from you. Hope that we can help you get your Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit working again.

My Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit experiences were like yours much of last year. For me, Photoshop Elements 12 was months without resolution and each had its problems with Sign In.

1. I strongly encourage you to take the opportunity to click on License This Product if you get that tryout dialog popping up and then to follow the instructions to get the program activated. There is no escaping the Sign In which comes with an automatic registration. That is an easy and quick resolution.

2. Please review the the following to determine if you feel that these choices and continuing choices seem relevant to your situation

Regarding Sign In

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

Regarding Photoshop Elements 12 and/or Premiere Elements 12 not opening

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Adobe ID/Password Requirement for Sign In.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

3. Have you included a product like the free ccleaner as part of your uninstalls/reinstalls troubleshooting to remove any leftovers from

incomplete uninstalls reinstalls?

CCleaner - Download

When you do the downloads and installs, have you been disabling the antivirus and firewall(s)? This factor seems to have the most impact

on the Adobe Application Manager file (.exe) in the .exe/.7z required files.

Has exploration of the Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications errors and warnings offered any insights to pin point the issue as in one

of the examples in one of the blog posts cited above?

Think about the merits of troubleshooting one program at a time. Maybe we might get lucky, and one fix will fix both at the same time.

Often after install/reinstall, deletion of settings files in Photoshop Elements 12/Elements Organizer 12/Premiere Elements 12 might still bring some

resolution.

Thanks again for reviewing the above.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                    shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Its seems PSE12 and PRE12 Licensing files have been tampered on your machine.

All you need is to Restart your machine and launch the product then Click on "License this Software" on the Trial Screen and provide your PSE12 and PRE12 Serial Number respectively.

If the problem still persists,we can have a connect session for the same.

Thanks,

Shikha

• 7. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

shiha

Many thanks for the confirmation on what I had suggested  to HermesCornu about trying to take advantage of the License this Product option in the Tryout dialog.

But above all, thank you for giving HermesCornu an Adobe Staff presence in this thread and the offer for more direct troubleshooting from you with a connect session.

Mich appreciated in this user to user forum.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                        HermesCornu Level 1

I wasted another day trying all the suggestions above to no avail. Can't believe this can be so difficult. No trial screen shows up; no License this product option appears. Your assumptions of what happens-doesn't. If you think a " direct troubleshooting from you with a connect session" would make a difference let's do it. It's not just the wasted time, but the depths of frustration, that sear my soul, and make me doubt there is any solution. How can you even support a product that you admit took you the better part of a year to get to work?

• 9. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                          shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi Hermes,

Let us plan a connect session.Please mail me the timings when you are available for a connect session @ shigoel@adobe.com

Thanks,

Shikha

• 10. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                            HermesCornu Level 1

Hello Shikha,

Friday October 17       7:00 AM - 1:00 PM RMTSaturday October 18   7:00 AM - 3:00 PM RMTMonday October 20     7:00 AM - 5:00 PM RMT

Thank you,Hermes

• 11. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

HermesCornu

Just starting my day and very pleased to see that shikha is able to offer you a connect session which I cannot.

Earlier in your thread, I wrote to you

My Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit experiences were like yours much of last year. For me, Photoshop Elements 12 was months without resolution and each had its problems with Sign In.

My presence at the forum level is not to promote nor endorse Adobe products. It is in nature informational and non promotional, troubleshooting.

These products meet my video projects needs; I try and do find a way to use them for my projects; and, I share what works for me with others. My particular issues with Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 were not in workflow, but rather in the installation or re-installation, with Photoshop Elements 12 being worst case.

When all is said and done, I hope that you will share with us the key to what resolved your Premiere Elements issue as revealed in the connect session between you and shikha.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                                HermesCornu Level 1

ATR,Like you these products have met my needs. I have little to no hope that re-installation will be successful. And if it is, doubt I would be able to explain why. But will share what transpires when it does, if it does. Inured to the trial, 

Hermes

• 13. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                                  HermesCornu Level 1

ATR,

You asked for an update when all is said and done what resolved my issue. Well, I wrote to Shikha with times for getting help (twice) and haven't heard a word back. So, to date, that's my resolution-none.

Thank you for your efforts,

Michael Miller

• 14. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Miller

Thanks for the update.

Disappointed that your issue has not been resolved. Do not give up on Shikha. As I mentioned, the frequency of appearance of PRE_help and Adobe Staff in this forum in undefined. However, to date, whenever Adobe Staff does post in a thread or makes contact with you, the representative does follow through.

We will continued to be guardedly optimistic.

ATR

• 15. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                                      HermesCornu Level 1

Dear ATR,

I wanted to let you know I resolved my issue, without any help from Shikha, whom I never heard from. My resolution? One which I suggest you include in your further recommendations to those in my situation? I bought new copies of Photoshop and Elements. If I'd a done that before I wasted days trying to fix what wouldn't work I would have been way ahead of the game.

Thank you for your civility, even when I was pretty hot.

Best to you in all your endeavors,

Hermes

• 16. Re: Premiere and Photoshop Elements Stopped working
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Hermes

Magnificent news. Great job.

Your licensing syndrome was pointing us in another direction, so I am glad that you went the new installation files/disc route to gain your success.

Typically I include looking at new installation files or installation disc when what seems to be indicated troubleshooting has not resolved a particular issue.

I appreciate you staying with the troubleshooting, the updates, and the sharing of your experiences in this matter.

Best wishes

ATR