5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 11:51 AM by A.T. Romano

How to find a file creating the transcoding error Premiere Elements 13?

spaten1397

I added my library and just wanted to burn it to a DVD and after along time it made it 18% and said transcoding error.  I tried 1/3 of the file and it made it 51%.  The program lists almost every type of file there is, so how do I figure out which one it is and when I do that What is a GOOD file converter that I should get?

Thanks,

Tim

• 1. Re: How to find a file creating the transcoding error Premiere Elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tim

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

Do you have a Movie Menu associated with the project? If so, have you placed stop markers in the Timeline? If yes, do you have a stop marker after

the last item on the Timeline? If so, please remove it. It is not needed and causes an assortment of problems.

If you go back into the Edit area and press the End key of the computer, does the Timeline Indicator stop at the end of the last item on your

Timeline or does it come to a stop way beyond that point? If so, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider over the Timeline, inspect the area where the Timeline Indicator has stopped.

Look for fragments and leftovers from clips or other debris, and remove them. Do this until the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the last item on the Timeline

when you press the computer End key.

When you get to the burn dialog with your DVD disc in the burner tray, what does the Quality area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate (with

a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space)?

Backing up to the beginning...what is your project preset, what are the properties of your source media (including file extension), and what is the duration of

the Timeline content? And, so as for me not to take anything for granted, are you doing a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or a burn to AVCHD format on DVD disc?

Do you have any success with that Timeline using burn to folder or disc image?

Deceasing the Timeline duration can relate to

a. You have cut out the offending component in the Timeline content

and/or

b. You have a computer resource issue related to not enough resources to handle the project.

The answers will be in the details, and we look forward to more details so that we can sort through them to a solution.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to find a file creating the transcoding error Premiere Elements 13?
            spaten1397 Level 1

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate.

I went through and removed all of my AVI files and it works now.  I have several AVI videos that I want on a DVD so what would you suggest for converting those files?

Thanks,

Tim

• 3. Re: How to find a file creating the transcoding error Premiere Elements 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

spaten1397

Thanks for the great news that you have identified the AVI files as being at the core of your Premiere Elements issue.

What are the properties of these .avi files? Are they AVCHD or H.264.avi, MotionJPEG.avi, Xvid.avi, or something else?

Could the something else be DV.AVI type 1 instead of type2. All those are the classical .avi files that cause the most

problems in Premiere Elements.

If you could tell us brand/model/settings for camera that recorded these .avi files or if you could list

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

pixel aspect ratio

that would direct us on what we need to do with the .avi files to have them supported by Premiere Elements.

Did you have any problems importing these .avi files? Is it just in the exporting of them that you are running

into problems? AVCHD or H.264.avi files typically do not import at all, so it is probably not them.

We will be watching for further details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How to find a file creating the transcoding error Premiere Elements 13?
                spaten1397 Level 1

ATR

I have looked for info on them and there isn't any.  I think that most of

my AVI files have come from youtube.  I tried a couple AVI files and it

worked.  I tried 10 and it failed at 17% again.  Is there anyway that I can

determine which one it is or am I going to have to do 1 at a time to figure

that out?

Thanks,

Tim

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: How to find a file creating the transcoding error Premiere Elements 13?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tim

Consider downloading and installing the free codec status utility name GSpot and try sorting the good from bad avi based on a difference in video compression.

(hopefully).

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Not sure about this, but you could do your search for the bad in small bunches rather than 1 at a time.

Premiere Elements has problems with protected media, so if any of those .avi files are protected, that could be the issue.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR