7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2014 11:31 AM by wickie44

cc 2014 crashes

George Snow

I have installed and de-installed Photoshop 2014 CC two times - still it crashes.... My Photoshop 5,5 runs fine.

But since I have ordered and installed CC 2014 I work only on the technical side. I do not get the plug ins (e.g. Topaz adjust seen in 2014 CC nor I can be sure that 2014 CC crashes next time I get in ......)

I am very unhappy with the situation - I installed it first yesterday since then I could work only a bit (maybe 20 minutes)....

I tried alredy some Ideas I found by Googele (start PS as Admin, re-install etc) but nothin works.

I have installed my Windowws 7 just new - so its very clean!

My system is:

Operating System System Model

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Install Language: Deutsch (Deutschland)

System Locale: Deutsch (Deutschland)

Installed: 23.08.2014 21:52:17

Display

Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (7,2"vis, s/n 1463956023, Februar 2011)

Why is PS shown as Trial?

Adobe Systems - Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (trial)

Thanks for help

George

• 1. Re: cc 2014 crashes
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

What do the Window & reliability history crash reports show is the cause of the CC 2014 crashes?

• 2. Re: cc 2014 crashes
            George Snow Level 1

I have a german version - it say that Adobe Photoshop cc 2014 does not work anymore ( Adobe Photoshop cc 2014 d  funktioniert nicht mehr - Das Programm wird aúfgrund eines Problems nicht richtig ausgeführt...)

• 3. Re: cc 2014 crashes
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

What do the Window 7 reliability history crash reports show is the cause of the CC 2014 crashes? The Windows UI in German should look something like this:

Capture.jpg

• 4. Re: cc 2014 crashes
                George Snow Level 1

(I didn't know about this useful monitor ;-)

- It seems to me that I have a problem with a graphic driver - I have checked my Graphic driver and win7 says that I have the newest installed ......

Monitoring.JPG

Monitoring - tech details.JPG

• 5. Re: cc 2014 crashes
                  Level 7

As you can see there, your ATI video card driver crashed.

Update the drivers from ATI/AMD's website.

• 6. Re: cc 2014 crashes
                    George Snow Level 1

Thank you Chris and of course - JJMack! 

I guess that this was the reason. I work approx. 1 hour with closing and opening PS and I had no freeze 'till yet.

I am wondering that my workflow is not running well (Lightroom 5.6--> Photoshop 5-5 before was quite fast - the pictures given to PS 2014 are not transferred that fast ----its like having some stones on the way..)..

After approx. 30-60seconds I get the message that Lightroom cannot handover the pic to PS - when I close the message box it seems that PS will start new - and then - surprise - I got the pic in PS....

It works..... but..... not well....

I am trying some out, but if anyone knows this problem.. any help is appreciated

Thanks

George

• 7. Re: cc 2014 crashes
                      wickie44

i too am having this issue but I'm on a mac any ideas its a macbook pro dual core intel. it was working fine before any help would be greatly appriciated