6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 11:14 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 text issues!

miks007

I am new to Premiere Elements 11 and I am trying add text to a picture. Every time I attempt to add text the letters appear as little boxes can anyone help? I have attached an image. Thank you Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 23.11.48.png

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 text issues!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

MIKS007

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

When you have the project Titler opened, please tell us or show us with an attached screenshot what this area

shows for Font and Size....

Titler.JPG

Try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe

Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Before the screenshot that you posted, was this a "it worked before but not now" operation or "it never worked before" type?

Were you experimenting with different Windows Fonts outside of Premiere Elements before all this happened?

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 text issues!
            miks007 Level 1

Thank you so much for getting to back to me for I am using Mac OS X 10.7.5.Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 21.26.47.png

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 text issues!
              miks007 Level 1

This is the first time I have used this software. I am new to video editing

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 text issues!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

miks007

We will work through this. If you do not understand what I am asking, do not hesitate to let me know. I will re-write if necessary.

Please look at the opened Titler whose screenshot you have posted in post numbered 2. There is no Font in the font field. First thing to rule in or our...

if you click on the tiny triangle to the right of the font field, do you get a drop down list of font choices. If so, what happens to the problem if you select

a font to appear in the Font field?

Please check out the Mac Fonts situation I am strictly an Elements Windows user so see if the following links help you with this request.

Mac Basics: Font Book

Troubleshoot installation | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Mac OS

Do you have an installation disc or installation files to uninstall reinstall the program if it comes to that?

We will save deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and a possible uninstall/reinstall of the program for next time details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 text issues!
                  miks007 Level 1

Thank you so much for all your help. When I click on the font box only one type of font appears. When I click back on the picture the font disappears again (see image 2) Do you think I need to delete it and start again?

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 08.48.52.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 08.59.11.png

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 11 text issues!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

miks007

Thanks for the reply.

Since I posted previously I have found an online report dated 2013 relating to Photoshop CS6 in which all the fonts were gone except Adobe Braille.

Interestingly, when I look in my working Premiere Elements 11 Windows which appears to have all its fonts, I see no offering of Adobe Braille.

In the 2013 online report, one responder offered the suggestion of deleting any recent added fonts to the system and dealing with the font manager if indicated.

As it turned out, the user with the problem resolved his/her problem by shutting down and opening the program.

So, please shut down your Premiere Elements 11 program, reopen the program to a new project, go to Text Menu/New Text/Default Text and try again.

Were you able to locate the Premiere Elements 11 Fonts Folder on your computer? If so, how many fonts did you find in it?

And, have you been involved in adding 3rd party fonts to your computer?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR