2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 7:24 AM by PRE_help

Canon Video to Premiere 13

edward obrien

I recently updated to Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and the program is crashing when I attempt to import video files from my Canon VIXIA 400 camera.  I am using a Windows 7 Home Premium computer.

• 1. Re: Canon Video to Premiere 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

edward obrien

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit, please confirm)

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

What are your recording settings on the Canon Vixia 400 - AVCHD.mts or AVCHD.mp4 or other? Are you working

with 1920 x 1080 video, what is the frame rate, and is the frame rate interlaced or progressive?

Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Please describe your computer resources - installed and available RAM and free hard drive space - other.

Is your computer optimized?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Is the problem only with the Canon video? Do you also have the same problem with video from other sources?

What happens if you start a new project with this same Canon video? Same problem?

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Canon Video to Premiere 13
            PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi,

1. Does it crash for import on all the files from this camera, or is it specific to some files?

2. Can you import any other video file into PRE13?

3. Can you try importing images into PRE13?

If you think this is a file-specific problem, could you share one such file with us (say, through Dropbox)?

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team