13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 10:40 PM by josephb7285182

Adobe Shape crashes on startup.

anoren

Hi. have an iPhone 6 plus.

Restored from a backup from an iPhone 6.

Now Adobe Shape crashes on startup. Anyone else experiencing this?

All software up to date.

• 1. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
          MikeStevenson

Same problem here. works on my old iPhone 5 but not on my brand new 6 plus. Crashes when it opens the camera view.

• 2. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
            anoren Level 1

Good to know. How do one file a bug report with adobe for this?

• 3. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
              atjain Adobe Employee

Hi anoren,

Sorry to hear about the problem. Can you please verify that the app is allowed access to the camera. This can be done via the following method:

1. Go to the Settings on the iPhone(Settings.app)
              2. Scroll to Adobe Shape.
              3. Inside Adobe Shape make sure that inside Privacy section, the Camera switch is at the on state.

In case you are still facing issues, please reply back to this thread. You can also use "Give us Feedback" link from within the settings section of the app to provide us feedback.

Thanks,

Adobe Shape Team.

• 4. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                anoren Level 1

Hi. Yes the app has access to camera and images.

I've toggled them on and off and restarted the app a few times with the same result.

It feels like it is when it's just about to show the camera view that it crashes. It displays the camera ui for a few milliseconds and then crashes.

The only thing i know that I have done is that I have made  a new library and have deleted one but i can't remember if I deleted the default library or not.

There is something going on with the translation to swedish in the app.

If I check in Illustrator CC I have a "My library" with Adobe Shape documents in it that I made then I had the app running on an iPhone 6.

I have a "Mitt bibliotek" (Swedish for my library) that it says is deleted in Creative Cloud.

And I have a "Mitt bibliotek" with Adobe Brush documents.

Maybe it's looking for a library that's missing or choking on the translation of my library or something like that.

(Although I now transfered the "deleted" Mitt bibliotek back to Creative Cloud from Illustrator. And started Adobe Shape again. But I get the same crash.)

• 5. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                  atjain Adobe Employee

Thank you for the response. The information is useful. Because it is an iTunes restore, there might be a case where some required file did not become a part of the backup. Deletion and re-installation of the app should be able to fix this. This might lead to the loss of unsynched shapes if any. If you have disallowed sending diagnostics to Apple, I would request you to allow sending those by the steps as described in the link: iOS: Providing Apple with diagnostics and usage information. That way, we would be able to access the log and try and fix the bug in the first place.

Thank you for your patience,

Adobe Shape Team

• 6. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                    anoren Level 1

Thanks. I have allowed iOS to send crash logs to apple and developers. And have then started the app a few times.

I have also made the crash log available to you here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1338459/crashlog.zip

(The link you provided above seams a bit outdated. The options for allowing crash logs to be sent is in Settings - Integrity - Diagnostics and usage. And not in the place that document states.)

/Andreas

• 7. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                      atjain Adobe Employee

Thank you for the log. We will look into it and reply back with a workaround/fix. We really appreciate the effort you spent to help us improve the app.

Thanks,

Adobe Shape Team

• 8. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                        anoren Level 1

Do you want me to delete and reinstall the app to see if that fixes it. Or should I let it be for now?

• 9. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                          atjain Adobe Employee

That could be a worthwhile try.

• 10. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                            anoren Level 1

That worked. But the new captured shape is placed in the library that previously was empty. I don't remember what library was the default one.

But it might be that the library naming/deletion/creation is a culprit.

/Andreas

• 11. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                              atjain Adobe Employee

Good to know that you are now able to use the app. We will still be looking at the crash reports to find out a fix so that this doesn't happen again. Thanks a lot for cooperating with us and hanging out when the app was not working.

Thanks,

Adobe Shape Team.

• 12. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                                josephb7285182

all this app has done is crash my camera. I installed the app on my new iPhone 6+ and it crashed my camera app. Only the rear-facing camera works on my phone now....not sure how to fix my phone app...i already deleted and re-nstalled this POS app and the results are the same...my camera still doesn't work....probably have to do a phone reset.....this app sucks

• 13. Re: Adobe Shape crashes on startup.
                                  josephb7285182 Level 1

all my software is up to date and this was a fresh install on a new phone....it worked for like 5 seconds until I adjusted the detail button...