10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2014 11:51 AM by A.T. Romano

Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.

ImageWithin

Hi -

I need to compile a series of photos with music to be viewed on TV.  Is a slideshow the best way?  I have been trying to research if the new PSE13 - Premier will allow me to do this? ...or will I have to buy additional third party program to accomplish the above.

Thank you in advance for your reply, suggestions etc.!

Regards -

Susana

• 1. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
          PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi,

You can try the slide show creation tool in the Elements 13 Organizer for this purpose. We have added newer features and made it more "music-friendly" in Elements 13.

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team

• 2. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Susana

What computer operating system will your Premiere Elements 13 be running on?

And, when you refer to viewing on TV, are you talking about a TV equipped with a regular DVD player or a Blu-ray player?

A burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc should look fine.. The DVD-VIDEO format on DVD, which the TV with regular DVD player supports, is

the lesser resolution product. What size TV screen are you going to be dealing with and does the TV come with a feature which enhances DVD-VIDEO on

DVD playback?

Keep in mind, what you find under the Elements Organizer 13 Create/Slideshow is markedly different than what was in prior versions. In this new arrangement,

you can export 720p and 1080p AVCHD.mp4 file with 1 of 5 themes to the computer hard drive. No more create a slideshow in the Elements Organizer and then, in

the Slideshow Editor there, give the Output command Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

For your slideshow, I would think in terms of what the Premiere Elements 13 Editor can do for you.

Have you worked with any prior version of Premiere Elements?

Please review, consider, and then we can customize a reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Please see

http://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/whats-new.html

Elements Organizer Help | Create slideshows

• 3. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PRE_help

To what are you referring when you write "slide show creation tool in Elements 13 Organizer"?

Do you mean what you find under Elements Organizer 13 Create/Slideshow?

Elements Organizer Help | Create slideshows

Unless the TV player involved is a special media one, getting the "new" slideshow from its AVCHD.mp4 file to a

TV viewable format and menus et al needs consideration.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                PRE_help Adobe Employee

Yes, I am referring to that one. My way of looking at it was to get the slideshow quality right first and then we can do what is needed to convert it to play back on the TV. The new tool can get a high quality slideshow output. Try with different audio and see how the slideshow adjusts itself to the audio tempo.

• 5. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                  ImageWithin Level 1

Hi AT -

Thank you for your reply.  The primary reason in compiling a "slideshow", music with playback opportunities on TV is to allow the viewer to be able to view the contents either on their computer or TV.  Having said this, I will be sending the finished product to a friend who wants the ability to view it on his TV.  I think he has a Smart TV purchased within the last year (Samsung) that has the wifi etc. although, if the slideshow could be viewed on a platform that is equipped with a DVD player, this option may be the norm and best for most household as he may share it with family.

I have not had an opportunity to use any of the previous Photoshop Premiere software but do own the PSE12 w/o the Premiere. I would like to purchase the newer version (PSE13/Premiere) if it will allow me to do the above on my MacBook Pro Laptop.

Thank you again for all your valuable feedback!

Susana

• 6. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                    ImageWithin Level 1

Hi PRE -

Thank you as well for your reply.  As I've responded to A. Romano's inquiries for a clearer understanding on what I'm trying to achieve I appreciate all the feedback. 

I posted the question initially because I had created a slideshow with music (through PSE 11or 12 but, not Premiere) to be viewed on TV but found that it was only viewable through the computer.  I have to admit, although it was straight forward, I had a bit of a learning curve trying to get it just right. 

Thanks -

Susana

• 7. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

PRE_help

Thanks for the reply.

I am still working through the Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 tryouts. So, no firm conclusions yet. But, on this one

get the slideshow quality right first and then we can do what is needed to convert it to play back on the TV.

lots to say about that from several perspectives. But, for now, I will leave it at it worries me.

I can see what Susana wants to do as a viable Premiere Elements 13 Editor project. Getting the "slideshow quality right" in that

would be my focus.

ATR

• 8. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

ImageWithin

Thanks for the reply with additional information.

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are standalone programs, each coming with Elements Organizer 13. When both are installed on

the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13 catalog.

For you as a Mac user, the advantage news would appear to be that both the Windows and Mac users have the same Elements Organizer 13 Create/Slideshow feature

which is going to offer you a 720p or 1080p with 1 of 5 themes (no menus) AVCHD.mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive. From the TV playback perspective,

if your computer has an HDMI connection, you might try playing the file back in a computer player with the computer attached by HDMI to the Samsung Smart TV HDMI port. The limited flexibility in editing this slideshow and the time that the feature takes "in preparing slideshow video" may make this approach prohibitive.

There is also the thought that the viewer may not have a HDMI port on computer and/or TV.

At this time, I would favor a Premiere Elements Editor project set with project preset (assuming NTSC rather than PAL for now)

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p 30@ 29.97

and import your photos and music into the project to build your slideshow there. Then you have at least

3 options for that Timeline...

a. burn to DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc

b. burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc

c. export to a 1080p AVCHD.mp4 file on the computer hard drive

d. burn to AVCHD format on DVD disc

Gains...flexibility in editing photos and audio, better export times, menus. As before, stop markers are not

supported in the Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. The DSLR project preset is preferred because it seems

to give end product with greater clarity.

Just some thoughts that we can fine tune even further if you think that we are going in the same direction that you seek.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...If you want, we could explore

I posted the question initially because I had created a slideshow with music (through PSE 11or 12 but, not Premiere) to be viewed on TV but found that it was only viewable through the computer.  I have to admit, although it was straight forward, I had a bit of a learning curve trying to get it just righ

to determine the whys.

• 9. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                          ImageWithin Level 1

AT -

This thread is exactly what I was hoping to find and greatly appreciate the info you are relaying.  Please note that I am not technically savvy   when it comes to the process of creating the previous slideshow that didn't quite have the outcome I wanted. I was frustrated but plugged away at it till I was happy with the results even though it couldn't be viewed on another media.   A few things come to mind: I was working on a windows based laptop that was on it's way out as the internal DVD/CD burner wouldn't work so I used an external burner.  I have since migrated to a Macbook Pro for a number of reasons and hoping that I can create a slideshow as discussed previously.  So on that note, if you have additional information that I should research then I would be glad to do so.  Your posts bring about info that I hadn't considered or know to consider so

I'm hoping that the PSE13/Premiere will be pretty straight forward but will inquire with the PSE team to better understand the comment about getting it right first in PSE 13...

Thanks -

Susana

• 10. Re: Can I create a slideshow on Premier 13 with music to view on TV etc.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

ImageWithin

Thanks for the additional information.

I suspect there may be a misunderstanding about getting it right in Photoshop Elements since the slideshow feature involved is in the Elements Organizer, and it does not matter if the Elements Organizer is coming from the Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements side of things if you have the two programs installed. Please refer to my comment on that in post numbered 8.

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are standalone programs, each coming with Elements Organizer 13. When both are installed on

the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13 catalog.

If you are talking about getting it right from the point of view of optimizing/editing your photos (Photoshop Elements 13 Editor) to best possible before import into Elements Organizer 13/Create/Slideshow or Premiere Elements 13 Editor,  that is another matter.

Whichever direction you go in, I would encourage you to look at the tryout before purchase to assure its compatibility with your computer and project goals.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification. Lots of variations to be considers.

Thanks for taking the time to explore the suggestions.

ATR