5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 1:39 PM by A.T. Romano

Changed Picture Folder name while making a dvd...

Bill&Hans

I made the mistake of changing a photo file name while producing a dvd with Adobe Premier and the picture locations cannot be found by Premier to complete the dvd.  I have tried to reconstruct the original title of the folder without success.  How can I recover?  The positions of each photo and Video are still in place but the program can't continue.

• 1. Re: Changed Picture Folder name while making a dvd...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bill&hans

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is the program running?

When you open this saved closed project, are you greeted by "Where is the file____?" message(s)" If so, you use them

to direct the dialog to the current location of the file that it is asking for, but you must rename the file to what it was when you

first imported it into the program.

If you are getting this "Where is the file_____?", it is going to be looking for a specific file name.

So, put this renamed photo in a given location and point the message to it and select it.

Depending on the circumstances, why not delete the problem photo from the project and re-import the photo back into

the project. By delete, delete from Timeline and Project Assets (assuming you are using version 11, 12, or 13.

There is also a Replace Footage feature that we might try to get to work for us in this case.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Replace Footage

Please review and consider, then we can see what we can put together to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Changed Picture Folder name while making a dvd...
            Bill&Hans Level 1

A.T. Ramano,

Thank you very much for the tips.  I am using Premiere Elements 11.0 and Windows 7.  Unfortunately I renamed the file that contains all my Spain trip pictures and Premiere can’t the folder...the time line is there with all the picture individual file names but the program can’t find the folder with the new name and I haven’t  been unable to reconstruct to the original name.  When the program asks “where is the file”, it does it for all the ~400 pictures.  I need to be able to redirect the program to the folder containing the picture files or......start all over.

• 3. Re: Changed Picture Folder name while making a dvd...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bill&hans

Do not give up.

Consider...what is renamed, just the folder?

Let us say that you have 400 photos in this one folder that you have renamed. However, none of the 400 photos in that folder have been renamed.

You have that folder at location X.

You open the project, get greeted by the first "Where is the file.....?" message asking for a photo with a specific file name.

In the message, you navigate to the renamed folder, open that folder, and select the photo that the message is asking for.

You move on to the second "Where is the file.....?" message and do the same. It is the hope that after you have gone through a few

of these messages that rest of the photos will automatically be restored.

It might work. It might not. But worth a try. Please try and let let us know where and when the plan fails. If this does not work for you, then with your details I will try

to work through the same scenario on my side.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Changed Picture Folder name while making a dvd...
                Bill&Hans Level 1

Thank you again for the tip.  I did try that and repeated the location ID for about 20 pictures but Premiere didn’t take the hint.  Fortunately I had burned 3 Blue-ray copies of the production but I wanted to burn a couple more CD versions for relatives that don’t have a Blue-ray player.  I was hoping that Premiere had a redirector tool for the source material that would get me back in business. 

Thanks again.

Bill

• 5. Re: Changed Picture Folder name while making a dvd...
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill

Thanks for the update.

I was hoping that the other suggestions would have worked for you, but, since they have not, what about this idea...great or great dud....

Explore the Blu-ray discs that you already have, go to the BDMV Folder/STREAM Folder, and copy the 00000.m2ts file inside (that is

the Blu-ray video file...it is not going to have the menus, but...).

Set for a NTSC/DSLR/1080p/DSLR1080p30 project, import the 00000.m2ts, redo a menu, burn to DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray.

Best wishes

ATR