11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 11:50 AM by aquamarinicum

Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2

aquamarinicum

Hi. After updating Photoshop to version 2014.2 I have a problem with launching Camera Raw plugin. When I try to open raw file there is said:

could not complete your request because of a disk error

Camera Raw doesn't launch not from Photoshop, nor from Bridge.

Photoshop 2014.2

Camera Raw 8.6.0.254

Windows 8.1

How can I fix it?

And also there's another problem with Adobe Bridge, no way to open JPEG files in Photoshop by default. Before updating to PS2014 - it was always possible to choose program to open any kind of file from Bridge. Now there's only Open button (no Open with) [right click menu], and by default it opens files in Windows picture viewer, not in Photoshop as before. So now to open JPEG in PS I have to drag file from Bridge to Photoshop window. Not really comfortable. Is that a problem of settings? (i haven't found way to fix it in settings), or a program bug?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
          puriarj

Got the same issue on the Camera Raw on PS

Very frustrated, Couldn't do any work

Hope there is an update for this soon.

• 2. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
            Level 5

The error message means exactly what it says.

Because of a hard drive problem, your Photoshop or your OS install or your file are damaged.

You need to troubleshoot that.  No update is going to help with your disk errors.

• 3. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
              Level 5

Also, try to stick to one issue per thread.

• 4. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                aquamarinicum Level 1

The error message means exactly what it says.

Because of a hard drive problem, your Photoshop or your OS install or your file are damaged.

You need to troubleshoot that.  No update is going to help with your disk errors.

well, but why this problem has appeared just after the new updating (to 2014.2) ? before - it worked good.

moreover. i was chatting with support. i made everything they said - but it didn't help. the only resolving we could find - is to create new account on the computer, and try to use Photoshop there. that helped. Camera Raw started to work on the other system account. so the problem is in account, some access problems maybe. but i would really like to know how to fix it on my main os account.

meanwhile i use Lightroom to open raw files.

• 5. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                  Level 5

aquamarinicum wrote:

…well, but why this problem has appeared just after the new updating (to 2014.2) ?…

Because that's when the freaking error in your freaking system surfaced and corrupted your OS install in your freaking main account! 

That's exactly what I predicted and told you, problems with your OS, i.e. the main account.

Geeze…  some people just come to here to argue rather than to hear what their problem may be.

I can guarantee you that you will have OS issues again until you repair your disk and/or your OS.  If your HD is over two years old, it's time to replace it, given its symptoms.

I'm out of here, as I'm not the one with the problems.

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.

A simple thank you or your benevolent silence would have sufficed.

• 6. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                    puriarj Level 1

Thank you for your reply,

I will need to disagree on that

When i got this message at the first time was after my upgrade to 2014.2 on Yosemite (Update,Restore from AppStore) at the same time.

So I thought the Yosemite was the problem at first, I decided to return to my Maverick. (Official download from AppStore)

Installed everything , and yes , the problem still there "could not complete your request because of a disk error" on Maverick.

I decided to go to Yosemite again after I realised it should not be about the OS nor my disk , I restored,formated my drive for the third time, Installed Yosemite

Installed PS, and the problem is still there with same disk error issue.

• 7. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                      Level 5

puriarj wrote…

…Installed Yosemite, Installed PS, and the problem is still there with same disk error issue

…and did you replace your obviously defective hard drive too

~~~~~~~

puriarj wrote:

…I will need to disagree on that….

givedamn.gif

• 8. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                        aquamarinicum Level 1

i am not arguing, i asked a question. and wrote what kind of solution was found. if it will be useful for someone else.

my disk is only less then one year old. and it wasn't in use so much. that's why it is strange it suddenly became damaged. i made disk scanning, which had to repair disk mistakes. but it didn't help. reinstalling creative cloud didn't help too. i don't want to irritate you with my questions, you don't have to answer if you don't want. probably someone else have any other ideas.

but i'm not sure it is the best solution to change hard disk only because there is one mistake connected exactly to one specific programm appeared after current updating.

• 9. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                          Level 5

You're still wrong.  Hard drives can fail on day one, after one year or after ten.

I would not replace a hard drive unless it was causing errors, like yours did.

• 10. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                            Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I'd like to chime in that I've had a brand-new hard drive become increasingly corrupt over the course of a couple of months. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

You might want to look into getting an RMA on the drive if it's still under warranty. Yeah, it's a PITA, but it's better than losing all your data.

• 11. Re: Camera Raw 8.6 launch error in Photoshop 2014.2
                              aquamarinicum Level 1

the problem was solved by reinstalling OS.