25 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 4:20 AM by Louismac

My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible

GerardJanssen

WWith the upgrade to IOS 8, my new collections are not anymore visible in Lightroom mobile, however the older collections are still visible. Of the new collections it shows how many photos are part of the collectio, but the actual photos can not be seen. I have tried to reinstall the app, but that does not solve the problem. I hope that someone can help me.

thanks,

Gerars

• 1. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
          Louismac

I actually have the same issue. I started a discussion on the same topic on the forum a few minutes after yours. hipe somebody will respond. Regards Ton

• 2. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
            greule Adobe Employee

Could you both try to chose "Clear Cache" within the Lr Mobile setting. You can access the settings via the top left Lr icon within collection view. If that won't help please try to force quit and re-sign-in.

If you still see the issue please send out a  LR mobile diagnostig log with a reference to your forum post

The Lr Mobile app log can be triggered when you open up the settings and long press the to LR Icon a diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client.

-

Guido

• 3. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
              GerardJanssen Level 1

Guido,

the options you have provided do unfortunately not work. I have sent the log file to adobe, using the method you have describe. Thanks for helping me out, I hope that Adobe can help me.

• 4. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                Louismac Level 1

To update you both. I have been going through a number of steps with the Adobe support team yesterday and today. They have not been able to resolve the issue. I was finally  advised by Adobe to await a bug fix for IOS 8 users, which may resolve my issue (and maybe also yours).

• 5. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                  greule Adobe Employee

Hi  With the iOS8 update Apple changed the file path to the image informations we store on the local device. We will submit a fix shortly. In the meanwhile you have to delete Lr Mobile from your device and re-install the app to bypass the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll le t you know when the new version is available. - Guido

• 6. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                    Louismac Level 1

Vriendelijke groet,

Best regards,

Ton Vernaus

Sent from iPad

Op 15 okt. 2014 om 10:28 heeft greule <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible

created by greule in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Hi  With the iOS8 update Apple changed the file path to the image informations we store on the local device. We will submit a fix shortly. In the meanwhile you have to delete Lr Mobile from your device and re-install the app to bypass the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll le t you know when the new version is available. - Guido

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6828284#6828284

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 7. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                      Louismac Level 1

Dear Guido, I tried this already but does not resolve the issue. Images are still not visible. I am afraid I have to await the bug fix? Regards, Ton

• 8. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                        ibarrien Adobe Employee

It would help if we could get a diagnostics log from Lr Desktop you can send it to us like you did with the other logs.

Lightroom Settings/Lightroom mobile + press Alt button to get the diagnostics log button enabled.

thanks,

Ignacio

• 9. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                          GerardJanssen Level 1

Last wednesday I have e-mails the diagnostic log of LR desktop. I Hope this helps. In the mean time I have removed the LR mobile app from my IPad.

Gerard

• 10. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                            GerardJanssen Level 1

I Am sorry for keep om asking, however, is there any news when an update of the LR mobile app will be available to solve the current problems.

thanks,

Gerard

• 11. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                              GerardJanssen Level 1

I Just installed THE new Lightroom mobile app, which claims to have solved the problems with iOS 8. However, the original problem still remains. It is still not feasible to view the images in the LR mobile app. I have not done the upgrade yet to iOS 8.2 and would like to receive a recommendation if an update would be useful to solve the problems.

One of of the reasons to take an account was to have access to LR mobile, however this does not work since the release of iOS 8. I really hope that adobe will solve the problems.

Gerard

• 12. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                Louismac Level 1

I updated my iPad to the new iOS 8.1 version and also (today) updated to the newest lightroom mobile app which was pushed to the App store by Adobe today. I however still have the same issue as before. Images do not appear in my mobile app. Sofar, the new iOS release and the updated LR mobile app has not resolved/fixed my issue. Regards and hoping for a solution asap.

• 13. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                  Louismac Level 1

By the way, to add to the previous post. I have found out (together with somebody from the Adobe team ) that when syncing over my 4g mobile connection it seems to work ok. However, when syncing over wifi it doesn't. There is no explanation yet but there seems to be a yet unresolved issue with the syncing of the LR mobile app when used with WIFI on either my IPad Air or iPhone 5.

• 14. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

there can be many reasons to your problem.

How many images are you syncing? Of those how many have been uploaded?

Can you see any or just some images?

Btw you should always update to the latest iOS version since Apple fixes internal bugs there.

There have been issues with the early 8 releases when it comes to Wifi. I've encountered them myself

and needed to reset the network settings to get over it.

If you have fiber it won't matter if you have a bad wifi connection so the problem could be in your wifi network.

Is it a home network or some kind of public/corporate one?

If you go to lightroom.adobe.com - can you see the images there?

What I'm trying to figure out is if you have a problem uploading and downloading or downloading only.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 15. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                      ibarrien Adobe Employee

Could you just check with the settings if you are still logged in?

We have some cases where the app doesn't understand that the user is logged out.

Just want to be sure that that's not the case.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 16. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                        Louismac Level 1

On both my iPad and MacBook I am logged into Lightroom mobile.

Regards,

Ton

Vriendelijke groet,

Best regards,

Ton Vernaus

Sent from iPad

Op 22 okt. 2014 om 14:37 heeft ibarrien <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

created by ibarrien in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Could you just check with the settings if you are still logged in?

We have some cases where the app doesn't understand that the user is logged out.

Just want to be sure that that's not the case.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6855171#6855171

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 17. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                          GerardJanssen Level 1

Ignacio,

I went to the Lightroom.adobe.com website and there I can see my three collections and the individual pictures without any problem. So uploading from my desktop appears to work fine. However, it remains impossible to see any of the pictures in the LR mobile app on my iPad. I can see for eacht picture which lens I used and the Apertur, speed, ISO, date and time but that is all.

I upgraded to iOS 8.1 and reinstalled the LR mobile app, however without any change.

I Only sync via wifi, since that is the only option I have on my iPad. I use the same wifi on my desktop as on my iPad. I have two wifi access points at home and there is no difference between them.

i Hope you can resolve the issue as soon as possible, in the mean time I have removed the LR mobile app from my ipad. I understand that people are trying to solve the proble, however if no solution is available soon I will request adobe to cancel my subscription since LR mobile was the main reason. I am not a big Photoshop user.

Regards,

Gerard

• 18. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                            Louismac Level 1

Ignacio, as you already know from our bilateral communication, the situation described by Gerard is 100% the same as mine. I would like to support Gerard in requesting Adobe to solve this asap. You have given me some things to check in my wifi settings, which I will do. But based on our Gerard's and my similar experience is it not more likely that there is a bug in the app that requires a fix by your software team? This is because I doubt that both our wifi systems are corrupted or malfunctioning at the same time (mine is not anyway -and works fine on all other apps/applications- and I am sure Gerard's isn't either). Hope you can help us soon.

• 19. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                              ibarrien Adobe Employee

All I can say is that you both have at least two things in common, you're wifi setup and country. And you seem to be the only ones running into this issue. So the question is if this is a common problem for your setup or for your internet provider (if you have the same one that might be a hint).

@Gerard: can you send me the name of your ISP privately?

Your setup might be a problem that Lightroom mobile has but since we have too little information about what kind of network you have it's impossible for us to understand what's really going on to know for sure or to be able to fix it. What could help would be if we could get some logs from your devices and with that I mean the logs that you can see on the device in real time while it's connected to the desktop.

We could maybe even a connect session would help if you are willing to do so.That might be easier than mailing/foruming back and forth. Please contact me privately if you feel like having a session where you can share your screen.

If you have other networking apps that download and upload from the internet it would be nice to know which ones. You can send me a list of examples privately. I'm trying to keep the thread down from information that hasn't been proved to be helping yet.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 20. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                                GerardJanssen Level 1

Ignacia,

i have performed an experiment to check if the problem is only at my location.i visited my girlfriends son and used his wifi connection. To my surprise my pictures suddenly were visible, which to me means that the problem is with my wifi connection. The only problem is how to solve it.

We both have the same Internet provider so that cannot be the problem, maybe you can give some advice on where to look.

The other thing I have tried is to add some pictures from my camera roll and included them in the LR mobile app. To my surpris, the second time this evening, the added pictures were visible on my pc. So at least the transfer works from the iPad to the pc.

You were also asking to share some information privatel, the only problem is that I do not how. So maybe you can also help me on that.

Last, I have to apologize since the problem seems to be at my side And not Adobe side. I still hope, however, that we can solve the problem.

At this I have a slow internet connectio, so this weekend I will call my internet provider, maybe that will also solve the problem with LR mobile. It would be of great help if you can provide some information to ask the internet provider.

thanks for all the help,

Gerard

• 21. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

that's good to hear, we are trying to reproduce this problem to see if we can do something about it.

What could help us would be to know if you could do a wireless network diagnostic by
                                                  "Open Wireless Diagnostics" from the Wifi icon on your machine.

Once you've done that it would be good if you could send me the screen shot of the summary once it's done.

Questions you can ask your ISP:

• What is your upload/download capacity?
                                                  • Do you have QoS - what is the minimum bandwidth that you have?
                                                  • Is there a lot of lost packages in the network?
                                                  • Is it DSL that you are using - if so exactly which one?

What can happen is that your ISP tries to tell you that the line is fine to your modem/router but that your wireless
                                                  connection inside the rooms might be bad. Then it would be good to know if you still have problems once you are really close to the router/modem.

Bad wifi can depend on many issues, if you e.g. have the same channel as others in a crowed area they start to interfere with each other. Then you can have the problem with reinforced concrete.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 22. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                                    GerardJanssen Level 1

Hi Ignacio,

I have contacted my internet provider, however, without any success.

He claims that the main issue is my Wifi connection and according to him my signal to home is perfect.

I tried also using the LR mobile app while close to my wireless router (I have two at home) and it does not matter.

I just realized that there are two little stripes in the cloud symbol of the LR mobile app while trying to access the pictures.

I also tried to change some of my wireless settings also without success.

My wireless router does allow 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and I have tried both.

The QoS I have tried the different combinations without any help, I have found the following items on my modem:

+ WMM Support, which is turned on

+ Confirmation, is switched of

Both are the standard settings.

I also noticed that there is a firmware update available for my wireless router, however, I would like to wait until the weekend to install.

Please note that all the changes I have made on my second router, I have not tried it yet with the router of my internet provider.

Also please note that I was able to access my pictures using the IOS 7 system, so maybe you can find the cause of the problem.

I am really interested and getting desperate at the moment.

I appreciate your support and hope you can be of help

Regards,

Gerard

• 23. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                                      Louismac Level 1

Dear Gerard & Ignacio,

I have been off-line in contact with Ignacio to test a number of things.

I again have exactly the same experience as you. I also have contacted my provider and everything was ok form their end. I have tested/resetted both the wifi networks on the router of my provider as well as my own Airport. I tested the wifi connection on both, but no matter what I do (reset, delete, other channels, etc) LRM does not work.

I also had LRM work perfectly fine under iOS 7 and it worked also on both the wifi network. The wifi networks and routers have not changed, so something has changed within iOS8 and/or Adobe LRM over the past weeks that made LRM fail to work on my iPad and iphone. Byt the way, I also use the Photoshop Mix app and I also have some issues there when I want to access my LR images from that app.

I am also desperate for a solution and trust that Ignacio and the Adobe team will come with a solution for us.

regards, Ton

• 24. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                                        GerardJanssen Level 1

Thanks, for your update.

It is goodto know that I am not the only person with this peoblem, else I would realle get insane. However, I was surprised that the app worked correctly when using a different wifi connection. I also changed everything I could change tonight without any effect.

Gerard

• 25. Re: My Lightroom mobile does not show new collections, the old collections are stille visible
                                                          Louismac Level 1

Gerard, I had the same issue. LrM works on my 4g connection and on the network of wife's parents (different provider and router), but can't get it to work on either of my home WiFi systems as mentioned in my previous post. Regards, Ton