3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 3:50 PM by LCovi

Why can't I open InDesign CS4?

LCovi

I get error messages - the first one says:

Font Capture:InDesign.ece - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point .......  could not be located int he dynamic library link Public.dlll.

Then I get a second error that says:

Cannot load the SNIPPET.APLN plug in.  It is dependent ont he INXCORE.RPLN plug-in, which failed to load. 

• 1. Re: Why can't I open InDesign CS4?
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

We don't know neither as you give us not enough information:

1. What is your OS? Version, language?
          2. What is your InDesign version?
          3. From which version comes the INDD file? Is it an INDD file?
          4. What are you trying to do, step by step before the alert comes?
          • 3. Re: Why can't I open InDesign CS4?
            LCovi Level 1

1. Windows Vista, Home Premium (service pack 2), and I operate on a PC.

2. I stated my InDesign version in the original heading - It is CS4. 

3. The file is an INDD file & we don't know which version it was created in.

4. Start - All Programs - Adobe Master Collection CS4 - Adobe InDesign CS4

The error message appears in a box heading that reads:  Font Capture: InDesign.exe Entry Point not found

The message inside that box reads:

The procedure entry point ?Reset@CextScriptDOMEElement@@UAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic library link Public.dll.

I click OK in that box - then receive this error - Heading in the error box reads:

InDesign.exe

The error message appears in a box heading that reads:

Cannot load the SNIPPET.APLN plug in.  It is dependent ont he INXCORE.RPLN plug-in, which failed to load.  Please check documentation for the INXCORE.RPLN plug in. 

I purchased the Adobe Master Collection back in 2008 or 2009 & have used several of the programs, but never attempted to open InDesign. So - I don't know if this was always a problem or ??

I'd appreciate any insight into my dilemma!

Thank you,

LouAnn Covi