6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 10:42 AM by Tim Kurkoski

AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.

tombo

Upgraded to AE CC 2014.1 yesterday and now the Bounding Box around layers does not appear when hovering the mouse down the layers in the timeline.

When dealing with many overlapping layers, a quick way of finding elements was to hover the mouse down the layers in the timeline which then showed a bounding box around that layer in the composition window.

Am I missing something? Has this been omitted... or is there a preference I can't see... or is this a bug?

• 1. Re: AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.
          Trevor_Asq Level 3

Not working here either... was def working in v12

report it to http://adobe.com/go/wish ?

• 2. Re: AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.
            Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

This is a bug. I have confirmed the problem and filed it in our database.

Please feel free to file this through the form (adobe.ly/ReportBug) as well. Your reports do matter to us, even when we already know about the problem.

Apologies about this problem. We will evaluate fixing it in a near-term future update. (But not the one that's due out in the next week or so, because the work for that is already done.)

• 3. Re: AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.
              tombo Level 1

Thanks for the reply Tim... I have reported it.

BTW, any news from you re the "Blue" text illegibility issue that many users are complaining about (including me,  a loooong time user of AE - since CoSa AE V1.0)?

(Different thread I know, but there hasn't been many replies from staff in the relevant threads)

Cheers

Tom

• 4. Re: AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.

Hi Tom,

I will say only this, and then nothing further on this thread, on the discussion of the new user interface design in After Effects CC 2014.1. (I dislike thread hijacking.)

We are looking at all of the feedback being provided. We want to you to voice your opinion. Please be specific as to what problems you are having with the new user interface design.

I also want to note here that the blue color alone is not what is generating feedback. "Blue" is being used as a collective term for the changes, but I fear that such generalization is creating a false impression that simply changing the color will resolve the complaints. There have been many, many small changes of which the highlight color is only one. We need to hear specifically from you which of the changes you dislike, whether it's the blue color specifically, or the brightness/contrast of the blue, or the brightness or design of other parts of the user interface, and in which contexts it causes a problem.

So please let us know what you think, here on the forums in a new thread or one of the existing threads, or send us your feedback privately: adobe.ly/feature_request

You haven't seen many replies from us on the other threads because we want to receive your honest feedback. The new user interface design has been available to you for all of one week as of today, and now is the time for us to listen to you.

-=Tim

• 5. Re: AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.
                  G_W Level 1

Thanks for the information Tim. I'm looking forward to this getting fixed. I reported it a few days ago but I thought it could have been a UI decision. Glad it's a bug. Cheers.

• 6. Re: AE CC 2014.1 - layer selection and bounding box issue.

This is fixed in the After Effects 2014.2 (13.2) update, which is now available.

Details here: http://adobe.ly/1IVopxh