3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 6:19 AM by JimHess

How to ADD color adjustments to softproof to match print?

karamalz

I calibrated my monitor and added the printer color profile to the Lightroom soft proof. The result is good, but the color and contrast is still slightly off for blue parts. I can tweak those by changing the settings in the camera calibration and the HSL Luminosity. I saved those changes to a template.

Not I just want to ADD those changes to each image I'd like to print. Howevery, existing changes will be overwritten by the template, instead of added.

What is the best way to add corrections to the soft proof to several images?

• 1. Re: How to ADD color adjustments to softproof to match print?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are talking about print templates, I don't believe the template will overwrite develop adjustments unless you are adjusting brightness and contrast in your print template. I make adjustments to soft proofs frequently, and they seem to carry over to my prints.

• 2. Re: How to ADD color adjustments to softproof to match print?
            karamalz Level 1

Not print templates. Presets. Sorry.

So for example: I need to add a blue saturation shift of +15 to match the print (aside from other adjustments). I saved that adjustment as a preset. I can then apply this preset to a number of images without problem. However, if I made a previous adjustment to the blue saturation, then the preset is overwriting that value.

Finished image: blue saturation shift -15

Necessary proof adjustment: blue saturation shift +15

Expected result: blue saturation shift 0

Result: blue saturation shift +15

• 3. Re: How to ADD color adjustments to softproof to match print?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A preset in the develop module is going to set the values of the preset, they are not additive. The blue saturation level of -15 is an exact value that will be applied if that is what is in the preset. If you have a group of images that need that adjustment additionally, highlight those images and turn on auto-sync and adjust manually. Alternatively, you could create other presets with different blue saturation settings.

Adjustments made in the quick develop settings in the library module are relative, but you are limited to the adjustments that can be made. And color adjustments like you are seeking are not available in that mode.