2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 1:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 - Add media webcam "no device control"

franciscoptm

Hi, I have Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and I am trying to record live using Logitech C920 Webcam. Whenever I try to "add media", even though it recognizes both image and audio devices in the webcam, it shows "no device control" and the screen is black. How can I solve this situation? Thank you.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 - Add media webcam "no device control"
          Kamna Yadav Adobe Employee

Hi franciscoptm,

Can you please tell us if the webcam being used by you came with some software? If yes, please install the software and check again. Also, are you able to use the webcam with any of the native applications or any video chat application?

Thanks,

Kamna

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 - Add media webcam "no device control"
            A.T. Romano Level 7

franciscoptm

Just some thoughts....

Premiere Elements 12 assumed on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Add Media

Webcam or WDM

In the Premiere Elements 12 Capture Window, there are 2 tiny arrows pointing right at the top right of the Capture Window. You can access

Capture Settings and Device Control there.

Click on Capture Settings to bring up the Project Settings dialog. Click on Capture in the left column in the Project Settings dialog..

In the Project Settings dialog, you should see "Capture Format: WDM Capture" and to the right of that a Settings tab.

Click on that Settings tab to bring up the WDM Capture Preview Settings dialog.

In the WDM Capture Preview Settings dialog, assure that you have check mark for

During Preview

Preview Video on Desktop

Preview Audio on Desktop

During Capture

Preview Video on Desktop

Preview Audio on Desktop

Also, if you go to the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Device Control, what choices do you have

and which one is selected?

We will be looking for your results. I have seen a video tutorial on Premiere Elements 12 working with the webcam that you appear

to be using and all seems to be working.

Stop Motion Capture with Webcam in Adobe Premiere Elements 12 - YouTube

ATR