3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 11:00 AM by John Waller

Quick Cloud Question

bho617

I produce videos at a teen leadership camp and there is NO internet connection. I'm about to purchase a new Mac and want to upgrade my CS4 to the newest Adobe Production Suite which is now cloud based. Do I have to have an internet connection to use this product? If yes, is there another option for me?

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Quick Cloud Question
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, you must have an Internet connection

-Cloud status check 30-or-99 days https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1549838

You may buy CS6, but the purchase and activation require a connection... none required after that, unless you want to download additional features... Creative Suite 6

• 2. Re: Quick Cloud Question
            bho617 Level 1

John - I have an internet connection at the office so I'm able to download the software and any updates etc. I just don't have internet at the camp. When I'm there, I have to edit and produce the final video to show on the Friday evening of the camp. The camps are one week long. No internet while I'm there.

Does the software require an internet connection when I'm using it at the camp? That's really my question.

• 3. Re: Quick Cloud Question
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Does the software require an internet connection when I'm using it at the camp? That's really my question.

No. No internet required when you're on camp, whether it's for a week or longer.

For the Cloud, internet is required for first activating the software. Do that in your office.

After that, internet is required for periodic license checks. It's silent, automatic and takes seconds. On an annual plan, a maximum of 99 days between internet connections is fine.