5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 11:05 AM by mayaelmurr

Text Cutting in epub with extra blank pages

mayaelmurr

Hello

im having a problem in epub using arabic language

i did the epub using adobe indesign and everything is working fine. However, i getting one text page instead of 10 pages, and im getting a lot of blank pages despite i didnt put page break to get this empty page.

Can anyone help me because im even trying to zip and unzip the epub and work with the css but i cant zip the xhtml files because the file names are in arabic and error occurs when i do it

Kindly i need your advice inorder  to finish this unfinished project.. if you know how to fix it in indesign, it will be great and if you know how to zip the arabic xhtml files in windows .. also it will be great

hope to hear from you soon

Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: Text Cutting in epub with extra blank pages
          pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I need more details for this issue. It would be great if you could provide me with the given information:

Which format are you exporting to- Fixed layout or Reflowable?

Are you doing export from book panel by any chance? If yes, how many documents are there in this book?

Regards,

Pooja

• 2. Re: Text Cutting in epub with extra blank pages
            mayaelmurr Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for replying,

it is a reflowable format and yes, im exporting from book panel containing 17 documents.

Today i tried to zip my xhtml files with Win zip application.. and it worked.. no error has found

i tried my sister's ipad and found that there is no more empty white pages.. so i guess my ipad is having these white pages because  maybe the version that i have is different than my sisters. ( dont know if i should worry about this problem)

however the major problem that im trying to solve is the text that is being cut in every chapter.. Instead of having more than 7 pages in each chapter.. the epub is giving me one page and then goes to the next chapter.. i checked both ipads, and the result is the same.. The text are being cut..

and i discovered.. if each paragraph text in indesign was put  in different text box, then the texts will show on epub.. i thought maybe i should separate my texts in different text box.. but then.. this is not a solution because the text might differ in different platforms and this will not stop it from being cut

Mr. pooja2087,  i will try this method, maybe it will work but if you might have a better solution.. i will be greateful..

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you for your time

Have a great day

Regards

Maya El Murr

• 3. Re: Text Cutting in epub with extra blank pages
              mayaelmurr Level 1

Dear Sir,

i did each paragraph of the text in separate text box in indesign.. the result was better than before, i can now see the whole text without any cut..

However if you may help me in one more important question. Every text box that i've made is making a new page in epub..  like a page break or something

Kindly do you have an idea how to stop the text box from transforming a new page? Is there anything i should add in order to prevent it

My deadline project is tomorrow

Hope to hear from you soon..

Have a great day

Thank you

• 4. Re: Text Cutting in epub with extra blank pages
                pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Have you applied any Keep Options to the text? If Start Page options is set to "On Next Page/Frame" the text frame will begin on a new page.

Keep Options can be accessed from Paragraph Panel's fly out menu.

What are the setting in Object Export Options dialog for the text frame? Have you used "Insert Image Break" on such frames?

Regards,

Pooja

• 5. Re: Text Cutting in epub with extra blank pages
                  mayaelmurr Level 1

Dear Sir,

I've checked the Keep Options.. and it is written start paragraphs: anywhere

as for Object export Option dialog, i  only used it for images and i used insert image break on the first 2 images of the book

Is there another way in the export  or another panel that can solve the cause of having these page breaks?

Thank you

Regards

Maya