17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 7:21 PM by Steve Grisetti

My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?

tomclaude

I have a MacBook Pro Laptop and I recently purchased Premiere Elements 13 as I need it for School and Work however when i get to the final stages of downloading, my serial number isn't being accepted and I have tried many methods of downloading! IF anyone has had the same or similar issues please let me know! I paid a lot for this and I really need the program.

• 1. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tomclaude

From where are you downloading the installation files - Adobe direct or elsewhere?

Are you sure that you have the purchased serial number and that the files that you have are for your

your specific computer operating system? Are you getting any specific error message?

I suspect that Adobe is the only one to sort out the details on this serial number/activation matter. Please

contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat by clicking on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold this set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

We can discuss this further here but I think your contact with Chat Panel will expedite matters for you.

ATR

Add On...This is not Adobe. Rather a Adobe Premiere Elements User to User Forum.

• 2. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
            shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi,

We need to look into your machine logs.

Can you pleas email me the logs at shigoel@adobe.com

Please use below given tool to collect PSE13 logs from your machine.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html#Mac OS

Thanks,

Shikha

• 3. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
              travisw32128182

I'm having a similar issue to you, but I've had the program installed and have been using this program since Nov-Dec last year,  yesterday I went to open a project for work that i had been working on and an adobe window pops up saying "Premier Elements 13 Trial, I click License this Software, I'm signed in with my Adobe ID fill in my Serial Number and click next, the project i've been working on opens, but as a trial version.
              This has really messed me up and the due date is coming near, this is seriously a real kick in the rear and might cost me my position at work if not sorted out soon... Really not happy.please help.

• 4. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                travisw32128182 Level 1

I'm having a similar issue on my Windows PC, but I've had the program installed and have been using this program since Nov-Dec last year,  yesterday I went to open a project for work that i had been working on and an adobe window pops up saying "Premier Elements 13 Trial", I click "License this Software", I'm signed in with my Adobe ID click next and fill in my Serial Number and click next, then the process starts again,
                Anyway I uninstalled the program and re-downloaded it and installed it, same thing happens but once i put in my serial number this time the program/project i've been working on opens, but as a trial version! What the hell is going on!

This has really messed me up and the due date is coming near, this is seriously a real kick in the rear and might cost me my position at work if not sorted out soon... Really not happy.please help.

• 5. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

travisw

Let us see if we can resolve this issue...

Let us go through the typical drill....

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you working with a pen and tablet instead of a mouse?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed and are you running the programs as administrator?

4. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. Are you running the program with an active Internet connection? What computer browser are you using for the download

of replacement installation files? Have you tried another for the download - such as Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Suggestions

1. Uninstall the program the typical Control Panel way

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs/reinstalls

CCleaner - Download

3. Install the Premiere Elements 13 tryout from the following web site and insert your purchased serial number in them during

installation.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

4. Install the 13.1 Update from an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

5. If all else fails, try creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run Premiere Elements 13 from there.

If you check the Event Viewer/Windows Logs and its Application, do you see any description for the cause of the problems on the dates when

the problem presented?

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                    travisw32128182 Level 1

still nothing, went through this with Priyanka on the chat tech support and we went through these steps and a lot more on join.me, but still nothing
                    Been waiting these last 2 days for a call or an email regarding a new serial number because nothings fixing this, but haven't gotten contacted yet, if i don't have this program working by Monday I won't have nearly enough time to finish my project for work which is really not helpful when i've had this application registered since November 23, 2014 and for this trial version to pop up out of the blue and mess everything up. Really not cool

• 7. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

travisw

Thanks for the update. Glad you got some input from Adobe Chat on this Mac invalid serial number issue.

Did Chat try creating a new user account with administrative privileges, installing and trying to run Premiere Elements from it?

I am hoping that Adobe Chat resolves this with a new serial number that will work for you.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                        travisw32128182 Level 1

Hey ATR, programs still not working, won't let me do anything without a trial watermark, it accepts my serial number every time but still loads up as a trial version of the program. And I still haven't been contacted in regards to a new serial number..

• 9. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                          travisw32128182 Level 1

Hey A.T Romano, I've got a case number from about 2 weeks ago, if you want me to inbox it to you.

But anyway thats besides the point, I've done heaps of troubleshooting with the chat team, and i don't have time anymore its not getting me nowhere. I'm going to be transferring most of my save files and stuff onto a 2TB hardrive as well as the elements program installation folder. After doing that 'll be wiping my computer and resetting it to its factory settings as Troubleshooting for 2 weeks hasn't fixed the issue, If it still doesn't work after wiping everything and reinstalling everything its clearly Adobes fault, not my PC.

I am the media director and social media director for an independent wrestling promotion in Australia and Adobe really messed up things for last nights how as video production plays a big part in our shows to tell story lines and promote programs, and we couldn't do any of that because of this issue that still hasn't been fixed. sorry for going off on a rant but i could of lost my job.
                          I'll be doing this in the next 12 hours.
                          please get back to me if i shouldn't go through with this.

• 10. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

travisw

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news is not better.

Although taking the Mac back to the factory settings is a last resort, please review that you have gone through all the prior suggestions and that there are no security softwares causing this problem with the serial number during program installation.

1. Uninstall the program the typical Control Panel way

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs/reinstalls

CCleaner - Download

3. Install the Premiere Elements 13 tryout from the following web site and insert your purchased serial number in them during

installation.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

4. Install the 13.1 Update from an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

5. If all else fails, try creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run Premiere Elements 13 from there.

If you tried # 3 in the list, even if you could not insert your purchased serial number in those tryout files, did the tryout install as a functional tryout? I think I would look at that before taking the Mac back to factory settings.

From what you wrote, you have been there and done that without any resolution in getting your serial number recognized by your purchased Premiere Elements 13 product.

Do you have access to another Mac computer in order to go for another Premiere Elements 13 Mac install on that?

At anytime did Adobe offer to give you a new serial number?

Do not give up there needs to be an answer for this.

ATR

• 11. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                              travisw32128182 Level 1

i mentioned it was a windows 8 pc before, not Mac. regardless. I don't mind restoring my PC to the factory settings, and backing everything i need up on a hard drive. i'm in dire need on a pc clean up anyway. I just hope if things don't work after i reinstall the program after wiping my pc, that'll be given a new  serial number, my account says i'm registered to elements 13 so yeah, if this isn't fixed after the clean up, its on adobe not me.

• 12. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                                travisw32128182 Level 1

also, i was on the tech chat help, we went through a lot of troubleshooting, and she said shed send my case to a higher level for a possible new serial number, and never recieved any messages or callbacks.

• 13. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

travisw

Thanks for the update. Sorry about the reference to Mac in my reply. However, my suggestions to you have been Windows oriented. I think that somehow I may have glanced at the mention of the computer operating system of the originator of this thread (Mac user there).

Restoring the Windows 8 computer to the factory defaults would seem indicated. Do you have installation files or discs and serial numbers for all the softwares you want reinstalled afterward. Doing a restore to Windows 8 factory defaults, I ran into a situation where some of the programs would not install from backup and I had to reinstall from a program's installation disk.

Miscellaneous: The ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner) should have done a good cleanup job when you did it earlier. The fact that the Premiere Elements 13 worked before for you but not now is a ray of hope.

If you have not already, please assure that your Adobe case number remains opened so a possible new serial number is still under consideration by Adobe.

ATR

• 14. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                                    kristinem20599327

I just purchased a brand new light room 6 and I was excited to use it but the serial number says it's invalid and it has scratches threw the numbers and It won't install at all. I even updated my computer and still nothing.

• 15. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                                      kristinem20599327 Level 1

I would appreciate anybody's knowledge on this! Thank you!

• 16. Re: My Serial Number won't be accepted when I try to download Premiere Elements 13?
                                        Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Travis, please note that you are responding to a three year old thread. Many of the people in this conversation are no longer have a presence on this forum.

You may want to start a new discussion if you'd like help with this issue.