0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 10:17 AM by loedertje09

Adobe trial version - fonttype Sabon (italic) not visible on PDF.

loedertje09

In Indesign (i got the trial version and i am a newbie @ Indisign) i use font type Sabon (roman and italic). I am working under windows.
      I can see the font in Roman and Italic in the Indesign document on my computer, and when i export to PDF, i can still see it; really normal so you say.
      My friend also sees it on his computer, in the PDF i send him, and he does not have the font type installed on his computer.
      But, an other friend, and also the printer company doesn't see the Italic font, only the Roman font.

Someone who is a DTP-er and works with a Mac told me that i would need a special map (in Mac there is automatically) and program for exporting to pdf in combination with fonts.
      In Windows there is no such map.

When I export to pdf, i get an error in background tasks: this is the error description:

Sabon Roman: This font could not be embedded due to licensing restrictions in the font. A substitute font will be used if it supports the glyphs used in the restricted font. The PDF will not be created if the glyphs cannot be represented.
      Sabon Italic: This font could not be embedded due to licensing restrictions in the font. A substitute font will be used if it supports the glyphs used in the restricted font. The PDF will not be created if the glyphs cannot be represented. 

If a substitute font is used, why doesn't it use Italic on places where it is Italic?

I phoned the Adobe help desk, and they say that it is probably the trial version that does not connect ok with this font type. They suggested to put my question here.

I need to know for sure that when i get the payed version, this font Sabon Roman and Italic do work, or getting Indesign is not so useful because that is the font i have to be able to work in.

What does licensing restrictions mean, i got the font from the DTP friend, who has payed for it - ?
      Can someone please tell me what the reason is that some people can see it, and some don't?

What can i do to make everyone see it?

Does someone have experienced the same problem, and how did it get solved?

Please help me on this subject,

Thank you very much!
      Chrissy