3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 12:23 PM by JJMack

Canyou draw in Photoshop using a touchscreen?

pathologicalwire Level 1

Hi, there.

I totally dig my HP Envy, except for the fact that I can't draw using my touchscreen.

Anyone else encounter this with an HP Envy? Is the problem isolated to just the model of machine or is it fairly typical?

And if you have a solution, I'm all ears. =)

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Canyou draw in Photoshop using a touchscreen?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Finger painting is a kindergarten subject and belongs in the classroom IMO. I can make setting for my Wacom Intuos Pro.  That will enable  me to finger paint if I wanted too but I fear I'm too old for that. The pen is mightier then the finger.

CC 2014 had some experimental touch support for Windows 8 but that seems to have been removed in the latest update.  Touch support is now in the product.

Photoshop Help | Touch gestures

• 2. Re: Canyou draw in Photoshop using a touchscreen?
            pathologicalwire Level 1

Thanks for the recommendation on the Intuos. I've never had a touchscreen laptop with Photoshop CC on it, and I'm looking to explore my options. I don't think your opening sentence was particularly helpful or reflective of a motivation to provide assistance. I've seen your name on a few forums with you giving some good help to others, so, naturally, I'm disappointed. I am requesting help, not unprofessional condescension.

Oh, and I do have a pen that I use for graphic design on a laptop. (Not one of them ol'-fashioned inkypens, 'neither.)

Again, thanks for the hardware recommendation. I've looked into it.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Canyou draw in Photoshop using a touchscreen?
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The touch support Adobe added is for gestures. Though the help states windows 8. It also seems to be enable in Windows 7. So I have to disable it in my Wacom tablets settings for Photoshop.  When the pen come close to the tablet touch support is turned off.  The problem is before its turns off if your fingers touch the tablet touch may rotate zoom or scrool the work. I find that bad...