I just built a new home system. the specs are and asus hero v11 Mainboard,12 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, liquid cooling, samasung 840 Pro SSD and OCZ modular power supply. Ill discuss video cards in a moment. Im running Windows 7.
My problem is that after installing "Fresh install" of after effects CC2014 I get the following error - "After Effects Error; Crash In Progress. Last Logged Message was:<5776> <GPUMANAGER> <2> Sniffer Result Code 3. the faulty module in this case is "Image Renderer.dll"
OK, for video cards I started out trying to install my old quadro fx 3800, downloaded latest drivers etc, tried to launch afx and got the above error. I then installed my old quadro fx 1800, installed latest drivers, sme problem. then out of desperatio I removed the GFX card, unistalled nvidia drivers and tried using the on board video. same problem. can anyone help me figure this out? oh and I have done a fresh windows install AND after effects install.
when i go to event viewer, under administrative events I find plenty of error messages, such as :
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Adobe After Effects CC 2014.1 because of this error.
Program: Adobe After Effects CC 2014.1
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
- 1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
- 2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
- 3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
- 4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
- 5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0
Faulting application name: AfterFX.exe, version: 18.104.22.168, time stamp: 0x5428e02d
Faulting module name: ImageRenderer.dll, version: 22.214.171.124, time stamp: 0x5428d1f0
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x00000000001f5342
Faulting process id: 0x168c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe7167bc4e2ac
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2014\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2014\Support Files\ImageRenderer.dll
Report Id: b0a78dc8-530b-11e4-bce2-7824af361c34