7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 2:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere  elements 12

enrico.dangelo21@yahoo.it

I acquired adobe premiere elements 12 but you pay for the upgrade to 13? because even with my Imac will not open their own but the application crash. does anyone know help me?

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12
          RameezKhan Adobe Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Adobe forums.

It is unclear to me which version of Premiere Elements is installed on your computer. Is it Premiere Elements 12 or 13? Can you please attach a screenshot of the crash.

Thanks,

Rameez

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12
            enrico.dangelo21@yahoo.it Level 1

Because crashed I preferred toglierlocomunque elements was 12 with my Imac 27 should not be just installs but does not open anything.Il giorno 16/ott/2014, alle ore 15:50, RameezKhan <forums_noreply@adobe.com> ha scritto:

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Adobe forums.

It is unclear to me which version of Premiere Elements is installed on your computer. Is it Premiere Elements 12 or 13? Can you please attach a screenshot of the crash.

Thanks,

Rameez

>

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

enrico.dangelo

From what you wrote, I am interpreting that you have Premiere Elements 12 Mac, cannot get it to work without crashing, and are asking about getting Premiere Elements 13 Mac instead. From whom did you purchase Premiere Elements 12 Mac, Adobe direct or an authorized reseller of the program? When did you make the purchase?

It is my understanding that, if you purchased Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe within 30 days of the release of Premiere Elements 13 (September 24, 2014), Adobe will consider giving you a free/replacement Premiere Elements 13. Further details and verification on eligibility on that need to be obtained from Adobe.

But, I suspect that you will get the same result on Premiere Elements 13 as with Premiere Elements 12. But, worth the try. How much troubleshooting have you done related to the Premiere Elements 12 crashes?

1. Is your current problem "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

3. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and are all your permissions set correctly?

4. Do you ever get the program to open and then after you did some work the program crashed or do you try to open the program, cannot open a project, and it crashes?

Please let us start here.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12

I had the program in conjunction with the purchase of my camera canon professional with lightroom 5.

I tried to install elements 13 trial but I crash the same so I decided to remove it and disintallarlo.

on the other hand lightroom 5.6 works fine but I elemts not really want to know. thanksIl giorno 16/ott/2014, alle ore 21:49, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> ha scritto:

running

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

enrico.dangelo

Thank you for the reply.

When you tried to install Premiere Elements 13 Mac on your iMac computer, did you do that with the computer antivirus and firewall(s)

disabled?

Do you have the iMac permissions set so that you are running the computer with the program as Administrator?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your iMac?

Also, please describe the computer resources for your iMac.

If you are still interested in Premiere Elements 13 Mac tryout, you might consider downloading and installing that tryout direct from

Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=uk

and determine if that source of installation files works better for you.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12

On the computer is in use quick time I have the latest version of firewall active I do not have antivirus is set as administratorIl giorno 17/ott/2014, alle ore 16:42, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> ha scritto:

enrico.dangelo

Thank you for the reply.

When you tried to install Premiere Elements 13 Mac on your iMac computer, did you do that with the computer antivirus and firewall(s)

disabled?

Do you have the iMac permissions set so that you are running the computer with the program as Administrator?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your iMac?

Also, please describe the computer resources for your iMac.

If you are still interested in Premiere Elements 13 Mac tryout, you might consider downloading and installing that tryout direct from

Adobe.

>

• 7. Re: Adobe premiere  elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

enrico.dangelo21

Thank you for the reply and exploring some of the troubleshooting suggestions.

Did you get a chance to determine if you could download and install the free 30 day tryout

of Premiere Elements 13 Mac from Adobe direct, using the link that I post in post numbered

5 of your thread?

ATR