6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 9:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.

jamey.photos

When I publish to DVD and select ISO it says it completes but it does not write the ISO file in version 13.

• 1. Re: Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.
          PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you let us know the following?

1. The Windows installation - 32 or 64-bit?

2. How long is the timeline? Does it work if you reduce or increase the length of the timeline?

3. If the Graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 2xxx or above, does it work fine if you disable the graphics acceleration (Do this in Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Checkbox for "Use Hardware acceleration...")

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team

• 2. Re: Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.
            jamey.photos Level 1

I tried #3 and that worked like a champ! Thanks!

• 3. Re: Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PRE_help

Very interesting news

3. If the Graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 2xxx or above, does it work fine if you disable the graphics acceleration (Do this in Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Checkbox for "Use Hardware acceleration...")

Is this preference option specific for the new ISO Image choice in burn to, or is it a must have generalization for other Premiere Elements 13 features as well for those whose computer uses the Intel  Graphics 2xxx or above?

In my Premiere Elements 13 tryout, I found it set as default. Any speculation on why it was not in the case of jamey.photos?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.
                PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi ATR,

The option is used for encoding and rendering workflows. ISO, just like DVD Blu-ray and AVCHD, needs the encoding to happen before the ISO is created. So if the machine has a Graphics adapter that is supported for the Intel based acceleration, it will be used. There could be some cases where this fails and the "fall-back" is to do this in software. That happens when you disable this checkbox. In this case, this is what worked.

It will be set by default for everyone. We must un-check it manually for troubleshooting reasons. And even in this case where it was turned off, you can manually turn it ON after a driver update from Intel

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team

• 5. Re: Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.
                  apsteinmetz

I have the exact same problem.   I have turned off hardware acceleration.

I am using win 8.1 64-bit.  I have hundreds of gigs available on the hard drive.

PRE reports that the file should be about 4.3 gigs in size.  Okay, right (4.7 is the disk size)?  But shortening the timeline dramatically does work.

• 6. Re: Publish to DVD says it completes, does not write the ISO file in version 13.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

apsteinmetz

The DVD disc which is labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB. And the DVD disc which is labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes is in reality 7.95 GB.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running? Can we assume 13/13.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit?

What are you doing, a burn to disc DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or burn to disc AVCHD on DVD disc?

When you get to the burn dialog (and you have your disc in the burner tray), what does the Quality area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate with and without a check mark next to "Fit Contents to Available Space"?

Or, can you do burn to Folder (4.7 GB) and/or burn to ISO Image (4.7 GB)? Are your successful burn to .iso files under 1 GB in file size?

Please quantitate "...shortening the timeline dramatically".

Thank you. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR