1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 6:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Burners not recognized

Gary3Hearts

Hi. Using PRE 9....I have 2 dvd burners. I just replaced one with an LG M burner. Now, when in the PRE Share tab trying to burn a disc, I get a yellow triangle and message saying 'burners not recognized' and I cannot burn. However, I can burn audio using windows media play, so I surmise it's somethin in PRE. Thoughts? Thanks.  Gary

• 1. Re: Burners not recognized
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary3Hearts

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 9? And are you working with the 9.0.1 Update of the program?

Given

Burner 1

Burner 2 replaced with a LG burner

What are these burners - both DVD/CD burners or is either a Blu-ray DVD/CD burner?

When you put your DVD disc in the burner tray, open Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, and go to Share/Disc/DVD disc what is in the

field for Burner Location? Nothing? Or, just one or the other of the 2 burners?

Was the carry over burner and the old one that was replaced working with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 before you installed the LG burner.

Is the LG an internal or external burner? Same question for the burner that was not replaced.

If these are DVD/CD burners, then try to refresh the DVD drivers according to the following Adobe document...

CD, DVD drive not recognized after Adobe application install | Windows

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

ATR