3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 1:23 AM by greule

Error synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile

Viva Terlingua

I have some photos that are not syncing with Lightroom Mobile.  If I go to the All Sync Errors Folder and click on the sync arrow in the upper right of one of the pictures, I get the following message, "The metadata for this photo has been changed in Lightroom.  Save the changes to disk?"  If I click Save, that message goes away but the photo still does not sync.  Hovering over the sync arrow I get the message, "Error syncing with Lightroom Mobile", but no further explanation.

• 1. Re: Error synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile
          greule Adobe Employee

Have you already updated you device to iOS8. If so, with the iOS8 update Apple changed the  file path to the local image information we store on the device. We will submit a fix shortly. In the meanwhile you have to delete Lr Mobile from your device and re-install the app to bypass this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you know when the new version is available. - Guido

• 2. Re: Error synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile
            Viva Terlingua Level 1

I deleted and reinstalled the app and that did not solve the problem.  The photos in question still will not sync.  I added another photo to the collection and it synced as it should have.  I removed the photos from question from the collection and put them back in and they still did not sync.  When I return home this evening I will remove the photos from the disk and the catalog and put them back and see if that helps.

• 3. Re: Error synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile
              greule Adobe Employee

When you try to sync the problematic photo could you please generate a Lr desktop diagnostig log and send it to me - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido