3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2014 10:23 AM by KFarrelly

How do I extend the trial period of Adobe RoboHelp software

Adobe RoboHelp

Hi,

I have installed the RoboHelp 11 version on 18th of September 2014 and it is going to expire on 17th of October 2014. I would like to explore the software more before we decide to buy the software. So, it would be great if you could suggest me a way to extend the trial software for another 30 days.

Regards,

Pallavi

• 1. Re: How do I extend the trial period of Adobe RoboHelp software
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

Sorry but that's it unless there is a very exceptional reason. Why could you not complete your testing within 30 days as most people find that sufficient?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

• 2. Re: How do I extend the trial period of Adobe RoboHelp software
            CraigCC Level 2

Hi Pallavi,

Do you have access to another PC?

If you need to carry out further evaluation you can install the software on a different machine which will give you a further 30 days.

Kind Regards

Craig

• 3. Re: How do I extend the trial period of Adobe RoboHelp software
              KFarrelly Level 1

I have had the same issue of needing some more trial time and got the same answer from an Adobe representative -- I would need to download a trial to a different machine. Difficult in my case as I have only 1 laptop at home and work remotely. The other suggestion I was given was to read their documentation about the RH11 features and use that to help make my decision -- but I can't build a case to upgrade from their documentation alone.

I am disappointed that I couldn't be given just another day or two of a trial as that is all I would need to generate a few outputs and see if results I saw during my April trial might have improved in the latest version of their trial for that software. For the April trial, I was not satisfied with how the Responsive HTML 5 output from the RH11 trial was behaving and also was not satisfied with a WebHelp output created from the trial (I had hoped it would address some IE11 issues in WebHelp that I produce in RH9, but the issues were still present in the RH11 Webhelp output). I need a physical example of output that addresses my company's needs and that performs well in order to build a case for upgrading.

If anyone learns of other options or of a policy change in the future to allow additional days for a trial, I would appreciate the info being shared here.