0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2006 6:04 PM by agavin2

Embeding of flv in swf

agavin2
      I am trying to figure out how a FLV file can be embeded in a swf using mxml under flash 9 (flex builder 2). Under flash 8 this was done using Flash 8 pro:

"Since the introduction of Flash MX and Flash Player 6, multimedia developers have been able to embed video within SWF files by importing video and placing it on the Timeline in the Flash authoring tool. When the SWF file is published, the video is fully contained in that file. This approach requires only a normal web server to deliver the video."

And you get a swf file with the length of the orginal movie. I am seeking to figure out how to do this same thing in an sutomated fashion for Flash 9.

It would seem reasonable that :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute">
      <mx:VideoDisplay source="@Embed(source='file:///Y:/video/bin/movie.flv')" autoPlay="true"/>
      </mx:Application>

would work. But it does not as it says ".flv" is not a recognized extension. This same mxml will work if the embed is ommited, but you get a small swf that has a videodisplay object playing the external progressive flv. I would like the movie embeded in the swf in order to allow maximal frame based control.

Anyone know how this is done now?