14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 4:38 AM by dunhav

Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2

dunhav

I posted a video about this problem

need help to fix this

• 1. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I'm assuming you mean that when you have another tool selected, when you press and hold the Control key to temporarily select the Move Tool, you're not picking up the object on the current layer.

I'm not seeing a problem here moving objects with 2014.2.  But maybe I've not selected the same tool you have, or maybe I haven't pressed/clicked things in exactly the same order.

Could you please be very specific about exactly what you're clicking, pressing, etc., in what order, and with what tool selected?  It's a bit hard to tell given what you're showing in the video.  In other words, provide an exact step by step process to reproduce what you're seeing.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
            dunhav Level 1

I've keep reinstall and updated the latest version.. but it seem, the latest version doesn't work properly , the previous version is working fine this include version cc 2014 v15.0 and version cc2014.1

the problem I am encounter from version 2014.2 is moving object from canvas.., I do exactly the same as cs6 and previous version which is.. Select the object , hold Ctrl and drag it with Left Click , please refer the video carefully, it seem, I can't even move or duplicated using this common shortcut

• 3. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
              Noel Carboni Level 8

Referring to the video carefully does not get us any further.  It's impossible to see what keys you're pressing!

What I'm seeing, specifically, is that when I have any tool other than the Move Tool selected, pressing Control and clicking/dragging moves the object no problem.

When the Move Tool is selected, clicking and dragging WITHOUT the Control key held down moves the object, no problem.

With the Move Tool selected, pressing and holding Control changes the tool's function to drag a Marquee which auto-selects layers containing objects you drag around.  This behavior doesn't seem different from Photoshop CC 2014.1 or earlier.  It works exactly the same for me in Photoshop CS6 as CC 2014.2.

You need to describe an exact sequence of operations you're doing, in specific order.  Take the time to do it or folks are going to have a hard time trying to reproduce the problem you're seeing.

-Noel

• 4. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                dunhav Level 1

I am not sure if my explanation is hard to understand, I think this next video will help

.. never I answer with video before ~_~

• 5. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                  Level 7

double check ALL the settings on the move tool.

It sounds like you forgot about changing at least one of them.

• 6. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                    dunhav Level 1

how to check settings on move tool?

I am uninstall Photoshop cc 2014 and reinstall it back and then I updated the version to 15.2 , 2014.2

all the preference is untouched , everything is under default, how to get back the drag object back to normal?

is there any setting I need to look up? please clarify it

• 7. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                      Level 7

click on the move tool, and look at the settings in the options bar.

And uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't change the preferences -- you still have to reset the preferences separately.

• 8. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                        dunhav Level 1

I done that since begining, the previous version doesnt have this problem at all.. only latest version 2014.2 , 15.2 I encounter this problem

from the video, you can see that.., I select Move tool and setting in the options bar also has been done correctly but still I cant move an object outside the canvas by holding Ctrl + Left click to move

• 9. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                          dunhav Level 1

Hi just now, I installing latest photoshop to my other computer to see if my current computer is the factor I got this problem, and now I am get a trial version from adobe photoshop itself, and updating it to latest version 2014.2

yup.. the same porblem appear again.. this time , my other computer and completely new without any other software install yet.. only adobe photoshop

please check this version for that common shortcut, I think latest version got some bug there .. emmm

• 10. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                            yanghaoleng Level 1

Hi,dunhav,

Initially I had confused like you, but I believe this is behind Adobe going to let us change our previous habits, rather than a bug. Try uncheck "Automatically select" you will slowly accustomed.

(by google translate)

• 11. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                              dunhav Level 1

I've been using photoshop since ps 1, I try unchecked auto select and use everything to see any change .. but still the same.., remember, I only had this problem with version Photoshop CC 2014 15.2 , I also got call from my friends telling me they also face this problem while moving an object outside canvas.. please refer my video, and see carefully everything I did

• 12. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                                yanghaoleng Level 1

when you unchecked auto select,you can use left click to move small object to other location without holding ctrl. Contrast the previous version, there is no functional difference, the difference is just habit.

• 13. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                                  dunhav Level 1

OK, After Id tried your method.. its work!

but, Auto select is so important to me when working on many layer..

I really prefer to select everything I see to move, scale, etc with autoclick by not searching and finding in layer bar

because I am working with huge layer...

why latest version remove this thing? its so painful to me to speed up my work

• 14. Re: Drag object problem on latest PS 2014.2 v15.2
                                    dunhav Level 1

you know, in previous version Photoshop CC 2014 v15.1 , we still can use Ctrl + Left click with autoselected is checked, but not with latest version

how to get back this method to work on latest version? this is tedious to work with if they are to many layer..., how to put it back