Go to Help > Change Language and select your locale, then close the Edge animate, and relaunch it.
here a link to "Creative Cloud Help/Adjust the install language|CCM" >>> The language for the Creative Cloud applications is different from what you expect >>> http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html.
Your programs work correct after your "uninstalling/reinstalling"?
English is already highlighted for the change language option and restarting has no effect
in addition to Vivekuma's hint (maybe it's similar, can't assess, because I work with WIN) I found this in my library:
1. open your Mac Language & Region preferences
2. select English as your preferred language
3. run Reflow (it should show up all in English), then quit Reflow
4. go back to preferences and select English
Reflow should now show just English in the user interface. No reboot, uninstall, reinstall, or clean is required.
I've tried the adobe link fixes and these don't work.
I can successfully change the language in the app to Italian, German, Spanish, but English just results in German language.
Am using Edge Animate on a mac
Can you right click on the app and click on show contents. Then navigate inside to the folder AMT (should be inside contents/MacOS/) and share application.xml with us?
This seems to be an installation issue. You can probably uninstall, clean up the entire application folder (if it is not done already) and re-install to fix the issue. Please share the application.xml with us before uninstalling though, so that we can look into the actual issue.
in order to take up Dharmendra's idea and to amend, here my thoughts:
In this case I would download a really new trial version of your program(s) in question and change it/them into a "real" version later. It could be necessary that you have to use "Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool". Here an advice for that (The order varies depending on your individual needs. Please read all my proposals first, so you can better choose the first step:)
1. Maybe you have to activate/deactivate, so please have a look there:
2. Sometimes, we know in the meantime, the "opm.db file" is the culprit. In this case you should delete it.
3. Did you already try "uninstalling and re-installing"? Be careful with (de)installing aso. by (de)installing by your own resources. As much as I regret it and as strange as it may seem I fear it's a challenge for Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Sometimes - for whatever reasons - CC doesn't "want" to work. In this case you should CC completely delete and reinstall by help of Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. (A try to uninstall by own resources is not enough!)
I quote: Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite (CS3-CS6) applications. The tool removes installation records for prerelease installations of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications. It does not affect existing installations of previous versions of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications.
Please use: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and follow the prescribed sequence of operations
4. If necessary and for further questions click through http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and if "open" please use chat, I had the best experiences. I quote from Adobe's employee Preran: The chat button is activated as soon as there is an agent available to help.
after endless uninstalling and reinstalling, using the adobe cleaner, i have found the answer:
• Log in to your account in a web browser go to the cog with the word "account" under it then change your 'Preferred Communication Language' to 'English (United Kingdom)'
• Now open any other Adobe program that is still displaying in English (I used InDesign) go to the 'help' menu and 'sign out (user user id here)'
• Quit all software you are running, restart your computer then open edge animate again (you should be prompted to sign in)
• Everything should now be in English again!
So Adobe take note this is the answer!
to everyone else dogged by this problem, you finally have an answer!
This is me signing off! good night, god bless!
Didn't work for me
Hi - I've just solved this. It's because the app is expecting English to be American English, but my Mac is set to British. I right clicked the app to view the package contents. In a folder called "Resources" there is a file called LanguageMapping.xml Open this in text edit and copy and paste the line referring to English and change the locale code to the one for your country (En_GB in my case - google "locale language codes" to find yours). save the XML file and open the app. Should now be in English!
PS I chatted with Adobe tech support and let them know about this so hopefully it will be fixed.
Awesome tip! Thanks for sharing your solution.