1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 11:29 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I change my project settings in Premeire Elements 12?

clareonadobe10 Level 1

When I try to change my project settings to DSLR I lose the OK option, it is only clickable if I choose a AVCHD setting, which is for camcorders, I don't own one. I want to use stills and footage from my DSLR.

• 1. Re: How do I change my project settings in Premeire Elements 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

clareonadobe10

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? Are you in a NTSC or PAL setup? I will assume NTSC setup.

When you open a new Premiere Elements 12 project, the project stands with the default project preset 1080i30

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD 1080i30

The Adobe design is for the project to set automatically the project preset to match the properties of the import based on the properties

of the first video file that is dragged to the Expert workspace Timeline. In a perfect world, if your video is 1920 x 1080p30, then the project

settings will become

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

Sometimes the project does it right, sometimes not. When not, then you set the project preset manually (File Menu/New/Project) before you import source media.. See the detail in the following.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

According to Adobe, you cannot change the project settings once the project is begun. The answer becomes to start a new project with the right project preset. But, there is a way under circumstances.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if any of the above addresses your question and concerns.

Thank you.

ATR