Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of AIR is available for immediate download. This release includes bug and security fixes. In addition, the AIR SDK has been updated with important iOS 8 compatibility updates.
Below are some of the key features and benefits of AIR 15. Please see our release notes for full details.
- Stage3D “Standard” profile support for iOS and Android
In the Flash Runtime 14 release we introduced the Stage3D “Standard” profile which provided many advanced 3D features. At that time, the “Standard” profile was only available on desktop platforms. In the AIR 15 release we are extending this coverage to mobile platforms. If a device supports OpenGL ES3, it can successfully request the “Standard” profile and use the same advanced features as the desktop platform.
For additional information, please see our Stage3D Standard Profile article.
- Relaxing Stage3D Render Target Clear
In previous versions of Stage3D, after switching the render texture through Context3D::setRenderToTexture, you were required to clear it before drawing. In this release, we're removing this limitation and optimizing the use of render textures. This change will allow you to further optimize and reuse depth and stencil buffers between different render textures.
For additional information, please see Relaxing Render Target Clear Operation in Stage 3D.
- StageText.drawViewPortToBitmapData now supports Retina displays
Currently, AIR will allow a bitmap with the same width/height of the StageText object to be passed into drawViewPortToBitmapData. While fine for standard resolution displays, this is not sufficient for Apple's Retina HiDPI displays. Based on customer feedback, we've altered the drawViewPortToBitmapData method to accept a doubled size BitmapData with StageText's view port on a Mac Retina display, and then draw a HiDPI image from the view port.
- Improved Packaging Engine is now default - iOS
Starting AIR 15, new improved IPA packaging engine is now the default packaging mode when packaging for AOT targets ipa-app-store, ipa-test, ipa-ad-hoc and ipa-debug. If you encounter any packaging or runtime issues, please report at http://bugbase.adobe.com. To use older packaging mode, use "-useLegacyAOT yes" in the ADT command, before the signing options. To learn more about the feature, please read Faster Compiling with AIR for iOS
- AIR Gamepad Enhancements
AIR Gamepad feature enables the app developers to provide a second screen on Android mobile devices for the Flash based browser games. AIR Gamepad API enables Flash based browser apps to connect to a paired Android device running the AIR Runtime app and therefore allowing the Android devices to be used as game controllers or second-screen interfaces. Following enhancements are available starting AIR 15.
Applying skin as AIR gamepad screen
To learn more about the feature and usage guidelines, please see Android Devices with AIR as Gamepads
- AIR Cross Promotion
Adobe AIR 15 now supports cross promotion of AIR games for mobile devices. Cross promotions can be effective in saving some amount of advertising cost. With the right partnership, you gain access to a wider customer base with a demographic similar to that of your application. This cross promotion is free and works on a credit system. All you need is to earn enough credit points by promoting other AIR games to begin your own promotion campaign. The AIR SDK offers the new AdViewer API for promotion campaigns as a SWC, it provides functions to load and show in-game advertisements. You earn credit points for promoting AIR games by other developers based on ad impressions and clicks.
To learn more about the feature and usage guidelines, please see Cross Promotion of AIR Games for Mobile.
- [iOS] Runtime is built using Xcode 6 and iOS8 SDK.
- [iOS] ERROR-ITMS-9000 - Not able to submit app on AppStore as Application Loader says that " Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode. Please contact Developer Technical Support if you need further assistance.“.
- [iPhone 6 Plus] [Launch image] A blank screen observed in apps when Default-568h@2x is packaged.
- [iOS] [Fast Packager] FPS reduces for Feathers Components Explorer app on iPad when packaged with fast packager.
- [iOS8 simulator][iPhone6]Application doesn't launch in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus simulator using -launchApp command.
- [iOS8 simulator] Installation on ipa fails on iOS8 simulator inside Xcode6 with " Unable to find dvtFoundationBundle " error.
- [iPhone 6/6+] New icons support.
- [iOS8] Requesting microphone access terminates all further audio.
- Multiple security and stability fixes
- [iPhone 6 Plus] Wrong screen size and dpi is returned through the runtime APIs.
- [iPad 3 and later]iPhone Launch image(Default@2x.png) appears on iPad if iPhone launch images are packaged along with iPad launch images.
- [iPhone 6 Plus] [Launch Image]: Blank frame appears instead of launch image when only Default@3x.png is packaged with application.
AIR 15 runtime for Windows: 18.104.22.1683 Runtime Download
AIR 15 runtime for Macintosh: 22.214.171.1243 Runtime Download
AIR 15 SDK & Compiler for Windows: 126.96.36.1992 SDK & Compiler Download
AIR 15 SDK & Compiler for Macintosh: 188.8.131.522 SDK & Compiler Download
Note: To provide all the all the necessary tools for our developers in one place and avoid having to download multiple components, we are packaging Adobe AIR 15 SDK and ActionScript Compiler 2.0 in a single SDK called “Adobe AIR 15 SDK & Compiler”.
AIR SDK 15 (Compatible with Flex) for Windows: 184.108.40.2062 SDK Windows Download
AIR SDK 15 (Compatible with Flex) for Macintosh: 220.127.116.112 SDK Macintosh Download
Previous versions of the AIR runtime and SDK can be found on the Archived AIR SDK and Runtimes page