3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 5:02 AM by ktbFL

Is there a way to set up a Map ID on an image within a dropdown hotspot?

ktbFL Level 1

I have several drop-down hotspots on a page/topic.  Because these can occur quite far down the page, I want to be able to add an image that the reader can click on to return to the top of the topic.  I have a bookmark at the top of the page setup to link the map ID to.  However, while I can create a map ID rectangle around the image, I can't find any way to link it to the bookmark at the top of the page.

So I am wondering if you can use an image map within a DD hotspot at all.

Is it possible to set up an image map this way? If so, HOW?

Thanks,

kb

• 1. Re: Is there a way to set up a Map ID on an image within a dropdown hotspot?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

I'm not sure you know what you really want. Or maybe you aren't understanding what Map IDs or for. Maybe both?

Typically a Map ID is used when you have help linked to an application. The Map ID is a unique identifier that is used to connect the call to the appropriate help topic.

What you are describing seems that you simply want a way to allow the user to return to the top of a topic. For that, the process is "fall off a log" stupid simple. Just select whatever you want the user to click. It may be text that reads "Back to top" or an image of some sort. Then click Insert > Hyperlink. And in the field where you would normally see the path and HTML topic file name, you just type a pound (or hash) symbol ( # ). Click OK on the dialog and you have an instant Back To Top link.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Is there a way to set up a Map ID on an image within a dropdown hotspot?
            ktbFL Level 1

I think I misspoke... It was the end of a hectic day... Sorry... I meant an

image map... Not a map id... DOH... 2 different things... I know... I guess

I had MAP on the brain. It was stupid simple to do in Flare through the

design interface, but couldn't figure out any similar feature in RH....

However... I am going to try tweaking the html code as you suggest...

If i can't get it to work I will be back... Sorry!

But if I am successful, I shall return with kudos for you!

Thanks for your patience with such an airhead!

• 3. Re: Is there a way to set up a Map ID on an image within a dropdown hotspot?
              ktbFL Level 1

you are BRIL! THANK YOU!  IT WORKED!