3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 9:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Should I install 32 Bit or 64 Bit Version of Premiere Elements 13.

dave a

I am running a 64 Bit OS (Windows 8.1) and was wondering it is advisable to install the 64 Bit Version of Elements?   I know other software is not necessarily feature parity between 32 and 64 bit versions and sometimes it is recommended to install the 32 bit version, even if you are running a 64 bit OS.

• 1. Re: Should I install 32 Bit or 64 Bit Version of Premiere Elements 13.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Definitely go with Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. It will be a 64 bit application running in the 64 bit system with all the resource perks that go with that.

Premiere Elements 13 Windows is a 64 bit application only when it is run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

(Aside...Premiere Elements 13 does not support Windows XP or Vista or Mac OSX 10.7)

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you have not yet purchased Premiere Elements 13, good idea first to look at the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 to assure its compatibility with your computer environment and project goals.

• 2. Re: Should I install 32 Bit or 64 Bit Version of Premiere Elements 13.
            shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi,

Premiere Elements 13 has separate installer/set up for Win 32 and Win64 bit machines.

32 bit installer will not run on a 64 bit machine and vice-verse

Thanks,

Shikha

• 3. Re: Should I install 32 Bit or 64 Bit Version of Premiere Elements 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

shikha

It is my understanding that Adobe direct sells only an online download for tryout or purchase. And, when you do this, the installer is

determined by the recognition of the computer operating system that it is involved in the download install process.

With Premiere Elements 13, what is the installation disc situation....2 discs, one for Premiere Elements 13 Windows 32 or 64 bit and one

for Premiere Elements 13 Mac 32 or 64 bit? Or, something else?

I am still working on the Premiere Elements 13 tryout, and I purchase the box packaged product from an authorized reseller in order

to obtain installation discs for Windows and Mac rather than just be restricted to a Windows product license OR Mac product license but

not both when going the online download route.

Has any of the above changed in going from Premiere Elements 12/12.1 to 13?

Thank you.

ATR