5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 7:54 AM by A.T. Romano

draw diagram over picture

JohnMinkara

How do I draw a diagram over the picture. E.g. an arrow, a rectangles, etc?

• 1. Re: draw diagram over picture
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnMinkara

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

a. Import image on transparent background (.png or .psd) into Premiere Elements as source media and then place it on a video track

above your video or still image. (You can create the .png or .psd in Photoshop Elements or Photoshop).

b. Use the Premiere Elements Titler to create your shape. Have the title file  (with shape instead of text) on video track above

your video or still image.

We can fine tune the details with more information on the programs that you have and the effect you are trying to achieve.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: draw diagram over picture
            JohnMinkara Level 1

Thanks Romano.

I could only get solid shapes out of the titler. Eventually I've had to circle the place on the map with a large font O. But it looks awful. I'd just like to do circles and rectangles. Is there a box drawing set with arrows I can use?

Don't have Photoshop.

I'm using elements 12 on win 8.1.

• 3. Re: draw diagram over picture
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnMinkara

You can get "circles" from the Premiere Elements Titler. Please review my blog post

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Titler Shapes For Highlighting

and see if any of that is of interest.

Although you do not have Photoshop, do you have Photoshop Elements?

Looking forward to your results with creating those highlighting circles in the Titler.

ATR

• 4. Re: draw diagram over picture
                -Subbi Adobe Employee

JohnMinkara,

As ATR correctly points out we can achieve this via the Titler workflow.

I would like to add that, for your particular case, choose the OVAL shape from the 'Shapes' option in Titler, and then switch to the 'Style' tab and choose 'Brush Script Black 75' style (3th one in the list). Now, if you edit the 'Color' properties of this Shape and remove the Fill you would get the desired result.

Yes, this is a workaround, but currently this is one of the option that gets you the result without having to bring in an external graphic/png.

Thanks

-Subbi

• 5. Re: draw diagram over picture
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Subbi

Thanks for the confirmation and suggested details of what worked for you using the circle creation in the Premiere Elements Titler as per details provided in my blog post.

Lots of variations.

ATR