Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

relative links are being changed

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2007 Mar 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm creating WebHelp which will be combined with the web application source code upon it's release to production.

The files are managed in clearcase, with the Help files in their own directory. The relative link I'm using needs to be:

<a href='../../../../gotoFirstTimeLogin.do?referer=help' target="resource_center_window">Resource Center</a>

I've used this link : <a href="../../../../gotoHelpListing.do">Resource Center</a> successfully. (I do get an error that this is not the correct type of link, click ok, and save-it still works)

The location of the target is being changed.

The problem: Robohelp removes the ?referer=help from the link:
<a href='../../../../gotoFirstTimeLogin.do?referer=help' target="resource_center_window">Resource Center</a>
every time I save the project. I get an error that this is not the correct link, click ok, then save.

I've tried going back into truecode and adding the part that's deleted, but robohelp keeps deleting it every time I save the project.

Help! I need to complete these updates today! I don't know how to fix this, or what I'm doing wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it help to move the single quote ' to the end?

<a href='../../../../gotoFirstTimeLogin.do?referer=help' target="resource_center_window">
<a href='../../../../gotoFirstTimeLogin.do?referer=help target="resource_center_window" '>

Does it need the & mark?

<a href='../../../../gotoFirstTimeLogin.do?referer=help&target="resource_center_window" '>

Just a though or two.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try both of those changes and it is still not holding the link. Why would robohelp take something I coded away?

I'm getting the error that the link is outside of the project, and not that is is a wrong link, so I think that is progress.

I will keep trying to get the link to stay the way I type it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if I save the project with another topic displayed, besides the ones with the relative links, it will not replace them. I also have to change the links in true code for the links to remain.

Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Should it be

resource_center_window.htm

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp